T Nation

Help with Recomposition Diet

Hello Everyone,

I hope you guys don't mind helping me create my first diet ever. Here's the backstory on my progress and where I hope to be.

I started truly working out around the same time that I joined T Nation. Then I went from a dude that was worried about his hawt abz at 150lbs to basically eating everything in sight. The only thing I really was worried about was eating over 3000-3500 cals a day and over 200g of protein. I didn't bother with weighing food and macro distribution and clean foods and stuff like that.

I have before and after videos if you would like to see them send me a PM I guess If you want a visual.

Until now I gained a lot of muscle and strength (now 210lbs body weight), but also fat which I wasn't worried about. So now I was hoping to continue the rate of muscle growth while hopefully seeing a drop in the waist size. But I'm honestly clueless as to how to do this so if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

I'm eating something like this.

7:30am
3 egg white, 2 slices of bread w/PB, coffee

9:35am
Protein shake

11:00am
Lunch: Chicken/Shrimp with Rice/Pasta/Noodles/stirfry

1:15pm
Workout followed by a protein shake

3:30pm
Sandwich with deli meats and tuna cans, and chocolate milk

8:30pm
Dinner- Anything my mom makes

The problem is that I tend to get hungry at random times and start snacking on foods that aren't necessarily healthy for me. If you guys have ANY suggest I'm all ears.

Thanks for reading

Please, post your macros.

In all honesty, its not that bad, just a few tweaks needed.

If you are 210 now, you have come a long way.

And what program are you doing?

I'm doing 5/3/1 Except instead of deads I focus more on Lats (Spine Issues)

7:30am
3 egg white, 2 slices of bread w/PB, coffee (30g protein)

9:35am
Protein shake (30g protein)

11:00am
Lunch: Chicken/Shrimp with Rice/Pasta/Noodles/stirfry (30-40g protein)

1:15pm
Workout followed by a protein shake (30g protein)

3:30pm
Sandwich with deli meats and tuna cans, and chocolate milk (40g protein)

8:30pm
Dinner- Anything my mom makes (30-60g protein)

The only thing I've ever worried about is the protein and making sure I recover from my workouts properly. Too little? I honestly am not sure about the rest, sorry about that.

Intermittent Fasting. Enough said.

Any Particular approach? Any work I can read? Maybe Some Authors you trust?

Do carb cycling, within an intermittent fasting framework.
Vary Carb cycling depending on results (Losing strength rapidly?: Eat more carbs per day/ add more higher carb days per week.... Not losing fat/ plateaued?: Decrease carbs/cals either by day and/or by increasiung number of lower carb days)

Overview of carb cycling
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/carb_cycling_mma.htm

Details of intermittent fasting
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/john_berardis_great_fasting_experiment

Good articles.