Help with Push/Pull Split

About a month+ ago i entered a cutting phase which is working fine and is gonna last another 3-4 months. From personal experience i’ve noticed i respond very well to a low volume/high frequency/moderate-high intensity and that’s why my training for the next period will focus on the above philosophy. The focus will be on maintaing/increasing(at least for the first period of cutting) as much strength as possible, since that will eventually lead to muscle loss minimization.

So, to get to the point, i’m thinking about following a push/pull program that will be like this:

Pull Day
2-3 sets of Deadlifts(regular or romanian) rep range:2-8
2 sets of bb shrugs rep range:8-15
2 sets of db let raises
2 sets of pullups rep range:4-10
2 sets of bb rows rep range:4-8
2 sets of hammer curls rep range:5-10

Push Day
2-3 sets of front squats rep range:2-8
1 set of db bench press rep range:3-8
1 set of db incline press rep range:3-8
1 set of db shoulder press rep range:3-8
1 set of close grip bench press rep range:3-8
supersetted with
1 set of ez bar tri extensions rep range:4-8

Now this is the program more or less. I might perhaps add one or two sets of single leg work on the push day, or perhaps remove hammer curls some times and instead throw in a couple of bent over lateral raises for posterior deltoids. But you get the picture.

QUESTION:I need your advice on one issue. I am wondering whether it would be safe to fit the weight training days like this:
Day 1 Pull Day
Day 2 Push Day
Day 3 Rest
Day 4 Pull Day
Day 5 Push Day
Day 6 Rest
Day 7 Rest

Now, the upper body excercises would be fine to execute on consecutive days, BUT I WORRY ABOUT DEADLIFTING AND FRONT SQUATTING ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
That’s mostly where i need help from T-Nation’s co-lifters.

I will take your advice seriously, so i’d like serious responses from you. In case i finally decide to do another split program i’ll do an upper/lower split, which would work fine. However, judging from previous training experience, i strongly believe that incorporating big lower body excercises with big upper body ones in the same workout is more beneficial and has a significant anabolic effect.
Any advice is welcome, but i’d mostly like to get opinions on the main question.

P.s. On Rest days i will be performing 1 hour walks on a fst pace.

if you’re just worried about the DL and front squats you should be ok cos you’re only 2-3 sets of each, otherwise just do RDL on pull days and front squats on push days

for the training days with the low volume that you’re doing you would probably be safe with:
Day 1 Pull
Day 2 Push
Day 3 Off
Day 4 Pull
Day 5 Push
Day 6 Off
Day 7 Repeat

id say you dont even need the two days off

I’ll save you all the hasstle… or well TC will.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1634829

push-pull defined.

My current (modified) Push/Pull looks something like this:

Push-Pull-Legs-Arms-Off

The Push/Pull days are really upper push/pull – lots of press and row variations. Every other push I do a shoulder concentration. Legs I alternate Squat and Deadlift variations (ie quad/hams) + other movements (lunges, GMs, etc)

Arm day is just tri/bi.

@bams_101

Agreed, one reason why i didn’t pick back squats as they hit lower back and thus place an injury risk.
Btw, i also agree that i don’t need the two days of rest (i’m a huge fan of high frequency training), i was perhaps a bit tired at the moment i posted this!

@Corkonian

I liked the article but i totally disagree on one point:
TC listed shrugs on a push day! Not only should this excercise be performed together with deads, rows, etc, but it’s clearly a push movement! Frankly, i was a tad dissapointed at this error, without denying the good quality of the whole article.

@Steely

Your split has nothing to do with a split program, especially since you work arms on a separate day. I’dsay it’s a regular 4-day split program, nothing more, nothing less.

[quote]guaglione wrote:

@Steely

Your split has nothing to do with a split program, especially since you work arms on a separate day. I’dsay it’s a regular 4-day split program, nothing more, nothing less.[/quote]

That response makes no sense at all.

Good luck!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
guaglione wrote:

@Steely

Your split has nothing to do with a split program, especially since you work arms on a separate day. I’dsay it’s a regular 4-day split program, nothing more, nothing less.

That response makes no sense at all.

Good luck![/quote]

Yeah, i meant your split has nothing to do with a push/pull split…
A typical push/pull split is when you train your whole body in two sessions, one including push/the other including pull movements. You could also say that you’re on a push/pull/legs and that is indeed a variation of the typical push/pull split, but working arms and legs on a separate day…you should be better posting on a 4-day split topic.
So good luck back at you! I hope next time you find your way to the correct topic.

Any particular reason your wanted to pull twice as many sets as you push?