T Nation

Help With Power Point Presentations

I am trying to insert a Quicktime movie into my power point presentation, but it gives me an error “the movie cannot be inserted”. Is it possible to insert quicktime movies into PPT? If not, is it hopeless or is there another way?

Also, i am having trouble with the transitions. I can’t get it to the “1 click” to transition. For some reason, it takes 2 clicks. Under “slide transitions” i have the box under “advance slides” on “after click”.

Thanks!,
-M

I’m not to good with power point, but I do know that you can change that quicktime movie to a windows media player movie.

You can right click on the file, go down to “open with”, then “choose program” then click on “windows media player”.

I don’t know if it’s any easier to load that file into power point though. Would the slide have a video, and shoule the video start when you go to the slide?

Well, first of all what version do you have (XP, 2003?)?

What vid are you trying to insert? I think I’ve encountered similar problems, it might just be a Microsoft thing, though. If you can try to link to a page that has a vid that doesnt work on yours and I’ll see if I could get it to work.

As far as the double click transitions, does that happen on every slide? Perhaps you have some kind of object hidden in your slides that causes you have to click more than once (i.e. a moving box, or movie that has to play first, but doesn’t)… If you could describe your problem a little more I’ll be happy to try my best to help =)

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
I’m not to good with power point, but I do know that you can change that quicktime movie to a windows media player movie.

You can right click on the file, go down to “open with”, then “choose program” then click on “windows media player”.

I don’t know if it’s any easier to load that file into power point though. Would the slide have a video, and shoule the video start when you go to the slide?
[/quote]

This gave me an idea, you could probably just convert the file. I have to go now, but if no one offers one later, I’ll look for one and PM you to the site/file.

Good luck.

I tried just switching it to a WMP file but that gives me the same error. It shouldn’t matter that the file is about 60MB should it?

I have Windows XP Professional. I’m trying to insert a quicktime file that i got off my digital camera. It is pretty big so it might be a hassle to transfer to you (60MB). The double click transition happens on every slide. I can send you the PPT so far and you can see if you can work with it. I think it is fairly small without the video. Just tell me how you would like to transfer it. I Don’t think there is a hidden object. PM me to arrange a transfer.

Thanks for the help,
-M