T Nation

Help with Plantar Fasciitis?

So I have developed plantar fasciitis in my in my left foot which probably which probably is also because I do a lot of walking so because I do a lot of walking at my job and with my dogs . Plus I was doing heavy calf raises which I have stopped

My question is do deadlifts and squats make it worse.
I have been lifting in Nike cross training shoes but but thinking about getting some flat shoes like Chuck Taylor’s or vans.
But since I have this Problem with my foot should I take a break from lower body heavy movements altogether that have to do with pressure in my foot or just mabye to light reps

Hopefully someone will respond

I have it and if I don’t do calf work, it gets worse. Maybe try some standing bodyweight calf extensions?
If you put your toes around 5 inches from the wall, can you touch your knee to the wall without taking your heel off the ground? If not, you’re tight.

2 Likes

Squatting and deadlifting should be alright. Trial squatting with a heel lift and see if it helps

1 Like

I been starting doing really light sitting calf raises.
Just with 145 pound plate and doing real slow and controlled and trying to stretch it a little.
Before I was doing like 2 big plates and a 25 and just trying to throw it and maybe I over overdid it.
I just did a couple wall stretches and they do help loosen it

I’m gonna try squatting barefoot and creating an arch and maybe that will help since I’m flat footed

I’ve had a good case of plantar fasciitis twice. I could still do squats and leg presses without noticeable pain. Walking was the problem.

I even tried working calves and was able to do my regular calf workout, but paid the price for a couple days. I made it worse.

My therapy, self treated, was to put pressure on my arch to stretch the fascia by placing the arch of my foot on a rounded object while standing and add more of my body weight. I also bought shoe inserts for easing the pain of plantar fasciitis. They worked pretty good. The pain seemed to last about a week, or two.