Make sure you check out the "Are You a Beginner" thread - it has great info and links to lots of great articles and information. http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350
You may also want to check out the thread "The T-Vixen Articles" for links to some women-focused articles. http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=645666
Also check out the Fahrenheit website www.f-heit.com which is geared towards women looking to lose weight and also has tons of great articles and information (and a supportive forum).
IMO, the basics to get started (while you continue to read, learn and implement) are:
- cut out all the junk and crap
- drink nothing but water, at least 3L a day
- eat 6 meals a day, every 3-4 hours
- eat protein with every meal, aiming for 1g per lb of bodyweight (for example, if you weigh 150lbs, eat 25g of protein 6 times a day)
- eat some healthy carbs (don't be afraid of carbs!)
- eat some healthy fats (don't be afraid of fat!)
- don't do a lot of cardio (1/2 hour 3-4 days a week is plenty)
- do lift weights (pick a good program from here and don't be afraid to lift heavy!)
Good proteins - tuna, eggs, chicken, turkey, beef, protein powder, lean deli meat (in moderation)
Good carbs - vegetables, fruits, oatmeal, brown rice, whole-wheat bread and pasta, quinoa
Good fats - natural peanut butter, fish oil, olive oil, ground flax seeds/flax seed oil
There is a learning curve to all of this, so don't get overwhelmed. Start making some good choices right now and continue to read and "tweak" what you're doing. Remember the scale is evil - it's best to measure your progress with calipers and a tape measure.
Hope this helps - good luck!