Help with P-W Nutrition Ideas

WTF? Read the product threads on Surge. It’s specially formulated to mix in water only. Adding in milk completely changes the way it works and is not advised.

Protein shakes should never be mixed with milk either, in my opinion. Some might disagree with that, which is fine.

OK, got some dextrose today. After working my back I put something together - cold water, ~35g whey, 60g dextrose sugar (to start off), 10g creatine, and 4 caps Biotest BCAAs. Does that sound good? You think it’s best to use cold water over something like milk?

how about some plain old chocolaTE MILK w/ skim milk of course. studies & authors haven said if you can t afford surge go with the choco milk

[quote]leaningup wrote:
is this the Surge that yous are raving about

my post workout drink consists of 50grm Protein and 5 grms creatine, shoudld i switch to Surge?[/quote]

Protein - that’s good, but where are the carbs? (unless you’re on a super-duper no-carbs diet) Throw some glucose or something in there. Heck, even honey would do just fine.

[quote]Squash85 wrote:
OK, got some dextrose today. After working my back I put something together - cold water, ~35g whey, 60g dextrose sugar (to start off), 10g creatine, and 4 caps Biotest BCAAs. Does that sound good? You think it’s best to use cold water over something like milk? [/quote]

Carbs and creatine are a bit high, but if you’re a Big Guy then it’s fine.
Use plain water.

Do the math - how much do you spend per serving with this do-it-yourself PWO shake?