Help with P-W Nutrition Ideas

Can someone give suggestions for good, simple carbs to use in my p-w drinks? I can only use so much fruit. Most of the carbs have been coming from oatmeal and skim milk, and I’m thinking this might not be the best idea for post-workout.

Or, is Surge worth trying instead? I’m really compelled to get it, but I’m short on money from buying other Biotest supps.

if your on a budget, I’d go with dextrose. I suppose you could just eat some candy. If your worried about absortion time and want to stick with a liquid then the powdered gatorade is a good choice.

Both dextrose and malto are really cheap so you could make your own bastardized hydrolyzed/isolate whey and malto/glucose drink.

dextrose is the shit, my post workout is 2 scoops whey, 2 scoops dextrose, creatine, and a banana or two

Thanks for the tips. Yea, I just found bulk dextrose really cheap online. What do you think is a good amount to use, like 40-50g sugar?

2:1 ratio of carbs to protein if you’re a hardgainer.

1:1 to ratio (or even less) if you gain weight just by looking at carbs.

Agree with Kamran - some even go to 3:1 if ‘very hard’ gainer. Also, a 3:1 ratio of malto : dextrose is sometimes recommended - can’t remember by who though. Could have been poliquin but just not sure.

you can find it at bulk barn or any store like that, i get like a 3 kilo bag and its under 5 bucks, it’s almost so cheap that its free

Surge is the preferred choice, but if you’re strapped for cash chocolate milk is the traditional version. It’s less optimal due to being slower to act. Sometimes I’m tempted to switch just for the taste, chocolate milk is the bomb!

Once again, Dex is not needed post-workout.

Studies have showed this.

[quote]Kurupti0n wrote:

Studies have showed this. [/quote]

There’s a big difference between what’s “needed” and what’s optimal.

IMO, Surge should be first on your list of supplements to buy, especially if you are on a budget. Nothing else will make that much of a difference if PW nutrition isn’t ideal.(Unless your diet is totally whack)

[quote]Kurupti0n wrote:

I wipe my ass with some studies.

Long live optimal post-workout nutrition!

[quote]Kurupti0n wrote:

Please provide links to these studies.

Surge is da bomb. Seriously. Provided that your nutrition is in good shape, it will work miracles. If I had to use only one supplement, this would be it. And at $2 / serving, it’s not that expensive.

Now, my pre-workout formula, which is sometimes my post-workout thing too, is whey + honey. Seems to work pretty well.

Some people swear by chocolate milk. I haven’t tried that for too long, but sounds like a good idea.

In any case, anything is better than nothing. Grab a sammich if you have no other option.

[quote]jit07 wrote:
if your on a budget, I’d go with dextrose. I suppose you could just eat some candy. If your worried about absortion time and want to stick with a liquid then the powdered gatorade is a good choice. [/quote]

Unfortunately, that’s very bad advice. Low budget, sure, but where’s the protein?

If I were dirt poor, I’d rather throw a stick after a bird, kill it and eat it, rather than not eat protein PWO.

Just buy half the amount of dextrose, if cash is so limited, and use the rest to get whey protein. Mix the two, and drink. Instant PWO goodness.

Or heck, get some milk, it’s not that expensive, and put some sugar in it.

is this the Surge that yous are raving about

my post workout drink consists of 50grm Protein and 5 grms creatine, shoudld i switch to Surge?

Has anybody WMS - Waxy Maz Starch ?

I’ve seen where a lot of people are using BCAA’s and WMS before and after lifting and then about 30 mins after that a protein/carb shake…

[quote]steelerfan wrote:
Has anybody WMS - Waxy Maz Starch ?

I’ve seen where a lot of people are using BCAA’s and WMS before and after lifting and then about 30 mins after that a protein/carb shake… [/quote]

I just got a HUGE tub of WMS and a 2lb bag of hydro protein. Im gonna give the WMS, bcaa and hydro and maybe some creatine a shot for post workout. I also plan on doing like a 30g shot of WMS like 30 mins before my workout. If you want I can keep you updated on the results. Im curious to see how well it works and if the hype I’ve read is true.

I’ve just purchase a bottle of Surge. Is Surge only taken w/ water or can you mix it with milk like a protein shake?