Help With My Workout

Please criticize/give me new ideas for a workout…I seem to be plateuing a bit and would like to take on a new challange

Workout:

Day 1: Chest/Leg work
Day 2: Whole Arm/ Abs/ Cardio
Day 3: Back/Shoulders/Traps
Day 4: Anything I missed/Abs/ Cardio
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: Mood depending…usually I go to the gym anyway
Day 7: Day 1 and cycle over again

Not necessarily in that order all the time but that is my main routine. To sum it up the staples are Chest, Arms, Back. Legs and abs arent taken as serious as I would like to take them for some reason…especially ab days (can never get the same burn from abs as I do from normal lifts).

I am on an 8 week winter break and would not be oppossed to trying something new to take back to school with me. I would like to shock my muscles and really advance them. Ive been stuck to this routine for far too long now. My workout has gotten me really strong and in shape…its just some of it is too freelanced, sometimes I forget things, etc. I do a ton of dumbell work…flat bench 100’s, incline 85’s, arm work lots of dumbells, tri’s - cable stack. So you have the gist.

New workouts please!! I really want to write a good one down and take it to the gym with me to give it a shot and reply back.

Post your goals. It’s hard to give input when people don’t know what specifically you want to accomplish.

Try whole body.

Lookin good, looks like my old split routine… but isn’t it a bit long per day? Maybe you should try to keep it under 90 mins in the gym… with something like that

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Chest
Day 4: Back
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: Delts
Day 7: Arms
Day 8: Rest
Throw in 1 ex of abs every working day. Repeat.

Hope that helps! Good luck bustin up that plateau.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Try whole body.[/quote]

I agree. Switching from body part splits to full body or Westside templates will provide the best shock factor. TBT by Chad Waterbury would be a good choice for full body.

Don’t forget whole body EDT. Deadlift-dip and squat-pullups are great pairings that can be done in a single workout.