T Nation

Help with My Ugly Back

I need some help to straighten up my back. I don’t have money to go see a physiotherapist and i tought some of you could help me finding what to do. Which muscle of the back should i focus on? Any stretching advice?

I’ve been struggling with this for a long time and i really wanna do something about it before it’s too late. WARNING: these photo are gonna shock you. please don’t be a hater. be constructive.

another photo

Vertical pics to start

Whoa dude your back is sideways, go see a doctor asap.

your back is jacked up man, it’s all sideways.

seriously, besides not having much muscle mass, what seems to be the problem?

What exactly are you asking here?

If anyone knew what to do to straighten my back.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
If anyone knew what to do to straighten my back. [/quote]

yeah, rotate the picture counter-clockwise

Well, if you truly feel your back is misaligned you might want to see an actual sports medicine doctor instead of seeking help from a bunch of guys on a supplement message board. You’re Canadian. It’s free…no?

Based on those photos it looks like you might have mild scoliosis (lateral curvature of the spine). Again, I could just be talking out of my ass. Do you have any symptoms?

Squats and milk.

They’ve helped me with everything; relationships, deaths, hurricanes, that stupid dog that keeps crapping on my lawn, the noisy neighbors, everything. So do them.

I think he’s talking about lordosis.

sports medicine doctor are not free. You also have to get an appointment which is very hard. I don’t have the money to go see a physiotherapist. Another thing that i have to do is to burn to fat out of my back.

Thanks to my genetics i actually have 10 time more fat in my back and in my ass than in the front. I used to run alot and go to the gym each day which was dumb but now i only do sprint 4 times a week and train 5-6 times a week. I am lean everywhere but in the back.

I know I am pathetic but now i got to the point where i need to get other idea from people to get some results

[quote]brancron wrote:
I think he’s talking about lordosis.[/quote]

Actually i think it’s more like a cyphosis

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I used to run alot and go to the gym each day which was dumb but now i only do sprint 4 times a week and train 5-6 times a week. WHICH IS ALSO PRETTY DUMB IF YOU ASK ME I am lean everywhere but in the back.[/quote]

Fixt.

The fact that you’re actually admitting it is pretty pathetic itself.

Anyways, if you think your back is fat, how about adding some muscle to it to give it a better frame and eventually lean down to see some definition? I mean what the hell did you expect from us? Some magic spell to remove your fat?

I don’t know…it looks lateral to me. Slightly concave on the right side from the midline.

Anyway, going to the doctor is the only option that makes sense to me. Save up for it if you have to. The one thing I know about back injuries is that an ounce of prevention (or early treatment) is worth 1000kg of cure. Best get this taken care of.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
jasmincar wrote:
I used to run alot and go to the gym each day which was dumb but now i only do sprint 4 times a week and train 5-6 times a week. WHICH IS ALSO PRETTY DUMB IF YOU ASK ME I am lean everywhere but in the back.

Fixt.

I know I am pathetic

The fact that you’re actually admitting it is pretty pathetic itself.

Anyways, if you think your back is fat, how about adding some muscle to it to give it a better frame and eventually lean down to see some definition? I mean what the hell did you expect from us? Some magic spell to remove your fat? [/quote]

Maybe some advice. but right now I don’t expect anything from you.

You still didn’t answer my question. Do you have any symptoms? For instance, if you’re carrying a gym bag or brief case in one hand for a long period of time do you feel back pain?

I used to get this, as I carry a large metal briefcase full of drug samples for my job. I went to a doctor who basically said “your spine is a bit curved. Stop carrying a briefcase”. Very helpful, LOL.

The pain went away when I incorporated some trunk work into my routine. Posts, deceleration exercises, “wood chopping” and so on. My back feels fine now.

This worked FOR ME, though.

i got some problem carrying a school bag on my back, it’s uncomfortable and weird. I also have problem getting the squat bar on behind my shoulder and keeping it there.

I have some problem doing deadlifts, It is painful on my spine even if it’s not heavy (i only do 140lbs +bar). But maybe it’s only my technique that suck, i don’t know.

What do you mean by post, deceleration and woodchopping?I am not very familiar with english terms.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
i got some problem carrying a school bag on my back, it’s uncomfortable and weird. I also have problem getting the squat bar on behind my shoulder and keeping it there.

I have some problem doing deadlifts, It is painful on my spine even if it’s not heavy (i only do 140lbs +bar). But maybe it’s only my technique that suck, i don’t know.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syt7A23YnpA

Do an article search on this site for “core” and “trunk”.

In a nutshell though, posts are where you assume a push-up position, except the weight rests on your forearms with your arms flexed at 90 degrees

Woodchoppers…get a pulley station and put a rope at the highest setting. Grab it and imagine you’re chopping wood.