Help With My TRT Treatment

Test is too high and lowering dosage might not ever be enough to satisfy estrogen levels, an AI is needed unless that’s not the E2 sensitive test. You need to get your estrogen to closely match SHBG levels, it’s a trick experienced doctors use.

Thyroid is far from optimal, fT4 is low, fT3 is about midrange. I think TSH is elevated do to low fT4.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. The e2 was the standard test as the VA doesn’t have to option to do the sensitive test. I will have to use a different lab for that test

The VA is a nightmare for TRT, their on par with the NHS in the UK. State healthcare is the least desirable treatment option, they just don’t follow the rules.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USVAOIG/bulletins/1e8ce4a#.Ws4kufVjngM.twitter

I’m pretty fortunate that my va endocrinologist will run any labs I request. So if you see some that aren’t present let me know and I will get Them done. Theva doesn’t have the codes for the sensitive e2 so I cannot get it from them. He also has allowed me to customize my treatment based on the latest data that I have from sources such as this site. I just found it strange that subq injections of the upper glutes with 100/mg per week did nothing for my levels. Then going to 140/mg per week I’m in my deltoids rose me to 1100. Now I’m trying 120mg per week still im and see what levels that yeilds. I also need to do a sensitive e2 as I’m really trying to stay off any AI therapy

Are you having high e2 symptoms?

Also like system said, you have room to lower. Do that first.

EDIT: I saw that system said you might never be able to get in under control without AI. I think it could be possible though. Was this taken at a trough? You could shoot for 800 TT about and see where your e2 and symptoms go.

Only e2 symptoms are some mild water retention and acne. I feel great though overall. I inject EOD and labs were done in the morning prior to injection. I have reduced my dose to 120/wk. I still can’t understand why subq infections in the glutes at 100mg/wk did nothing and 140mg/wk I’m in the delts rose the T so high. I wonder if I just don’t metabolize the subq well. I’d love to achieve a level without an AI.

Dialing in for me was pretty easy. At 50mg twice a week my TT was in the 1200 range on day before trough, it was too high for me.

I started to get really good at knowing when my e2 was climbing. At 50mg , I went right up through the sweet spot. One day my libido was great! Rock hard erection, I felt like a god. Awesome workout.

Then over the next few days, that feeling gradually slipped away. I didn’t feel terrible, but I didn’t feel amazing. I started getting that “mild water retention”. I always notice it in my face right off the bat now. Also, forehead acne. Plus, sexual function is not as amazing. Still really good, but you can tell there is a difference in erection strength and libido.

Anyway, so I lowered my dose to 40mg for a few shots, to help lower my e2. Got back into sweet spot, and now I inject 45 twice a week and its been treating me very well.

If I ever have issues with e2, I sometimes just lower my next test dose a little, and it brings me right back. I have it dialed in nicely.

2 Likes