Help With My Setup

Hey guys im 15 years old and im looking to add some strength to my lifts and im hoping with that will come size. I try to keep my diet in order as much as possible. Heres what im planning on doing for the next few weeks. it would be great if i could get some input on what should be changed/fixed. In particular, im looking to put emphasis on my upperback/traps/shoulders.

Day 1
A) Squat- set ~5Rm, 1-3 sets of 8 with 10-15% less of that initial set
B) Pull/chin-ups- Heavy single, then 3-5 lighter singles, possibly 1-2 high rep sets
C-E) Traps, abs, and Biceps

Day 2
A) High Pulls- 4-5x of 3 reps
B) Bench- same as squat above
C) Military Press- 3-4x6-8
D) Forearms and possibly some cardio/running/jogging, etc

Day 3- Off/ running/jogging/cario

Day 4
A) Chinup/pull ups- 3-4x 6-8 - mainly some BW work
B) Snatch Grip Deadlifts- Set ~5RM, 1-2 sets of 5 with 10-15% less, then a few more sets of 5 with 10-15% less from that
C-E) Abs, Biceps, shoulders

Day 5
A) Power Cleans- 4-5x of 3
B) Incline Bench- 3-4 sets of 8
C-D) Some Horizantal rowing/ light single leg work
E) Forearm work

I plan on doing that for a few weeks, with only 1 major change each week which is reps/weight i set up like my squatting. For those exercises, i will set ~3RM, drop 10% and do 1-3 sets of 5, then drop anoth 10-15% and do 1 set of 8 after week 1.

So example: Squat: ~3RM, 2-3 of 5 sets of 90%RM, 1 set 80%3RM.

The week after that one, i will do a single (NOT all out 1 RM for lower, upper may be a diff story).

Ex of that week: Squat: Heavy single, single weight -~10-20% for 2-3 sets of 3, 2nd sets weight minus ~10-20% for 1 set of 5

Ill then repeat my 1st week with a bit higher weight on the 5RM.

What do you guys think of that? I dont think it will be too bad overall. I dont think putting emphasis on only 2 lifts a day and then a few auxillary sets will burn me out. I would also like to note that i wont always be working out 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off. Its probably more likely that ill be doing 2 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 1 day off (so mon, tues, fri, sat).

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Anyone?

[quote]TomRocco wrote:
Hey guys im 15 years old and im looking to add some strength to my lifts and im hoping with that will come size. I try to keep my diet in order as much as possible. Heres what im planning on doing for the next few weeks. it would be great if i could get some input on what should be changed/fixed. In particular, im looking to put emphasis on my upperback/traps/shoulders.

Day 1
A) Squat- set ~5Rm, 1-3 sets of 8 with 10-15% less of that initial set
B) Pull/chin-ups- Heavy single, then 3-5 lighter singles, possibly 1-2 high rep sets
C-E) Traps, abs, and Biceps

Day 2
A) High Pulls- 4-5x of 3 reps
B) Bench- same as squat above
C) Military Press- 3-4x6-8
D) Forearms and possibly some cardio/running/jogging, etc

Day 3- Off/ running/jogging/cario

Day 4
A) Chinup/pull ups- 3-4x 6-8 - mainly some BW work
B) Snatch Grip Deadlifts- Set ~5RM, 1-2 sets of 5 with 10-15% less, then a few more sets of 5 with 10-15% less from that
C-E) Abs, Biceps, shoulders

Day 5
A) Power Cleans- 4-5x of 3
B) Incline Bench- 3-4 sets of 8
C-D) Some Horizantal rowing/ light single leg work
E) Forearm work

I plan on doing that for a few weeks, with only 1 major change each week which is reps/weight i set up like my squatting. For those exercises, i will set ~3RM, drop 10% and do 1-3 sets of 5, then drop anoth 10-15% and do 1 set of 8 after week 1.

So example: Squat: ~3RM, 2-3 of 5 sets of 90%RM, 1 set 80%3RM.

The week after that one, i will do a single (NOT all out 1 RM for lower, upper may be a diff story).

Ex of that week: Squat: Heavy single, single weight -~10-20% for 2-3 sets of 3, 2nd sets weight minus ~10-20% for 1 set of 5

Ill then repeat my 1st week with a bit higher weight on the 5RM.

What do you guys think of that? I dont think it will be too bad overall. I dont think putting emphasis on only 2 lifts a day and then a few auxillary sets will burn me out. I would also like to note that i wont always be working out 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off. Its probably more likely that ill be doing 2 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 1 day off (so mon, tues, fri, sat).

Thanks for the help.

Tom

[/quote]

That looks pretty good and really complicated.

I’m really impressed that a 15 year old is actually putting their back muscles as a higher priority than their chest and biceps.

To me chest is not much of a priority. Ive always enjoyed training legs (in particular squatting) and ever since ive started weighted pullups i loved them.

I feel my shoulders are a bit weak, but im hoping that they will get stronger in time. I would like to increase my strength in my chest, although as i said before it isnt a priority.

The only things im worried about are if im actually going to be able to get to the gym 4x a week (i shouldnt have a problem with at least 3 days though) and burning out during the end of the school year (thats why i tried to keep isolation exercises to a minimum)

I know that my biceps are definitely not a strong point right now, but i plan on doing some heavy chinups so im hoping that will help.

Any other comments would be great.