T Nation

Help With My HRT

I’m a 42 year old male who is on third month of HRT. I had tried it once before( 6 months ago) but had to abort due to a clueless doctor who did not no anything about using an AI with Testosterone. I ended up with some small gyno behind right nipple that still has not gone away completely.

I have read this site and educated myself and now giving HRT a second try with a doctor friend of mine who is allowing me some input on my treatment. Initial blood tests showed T total 280, free T 6.8ng/dl and estradial at 17. All other tests in normal range.

We started with 2 ml per day of cream (100mg per ml) and arimidex 2 mg per week on divided doses and 250 iu HCG every third day. After 5 weeks I tested and Total T was 1707(weird huh?) Free T was 51.0 ng/dl and estradiol was 13. I was tested about 3 hours after putting on cream. My questions for you all are the following:

1. Should I cut my cream in half to bring T levels down or did putting on the cream so close to testing make it high?

2. Can I take a SERM like Nolvadex with an AI like arimidex to combat my little bit of gyno. note: I started novadex at 40 mg per day two days ago and lump is much smaller already!!

3. A liitle concerned about my E2 levels being to low with nolvadex and arimidex being ran at same time, input on this would be great.

I work out diligently and eat a very clean paleo type diet. I also feel very good on this routine so far. Good energy libido etc. Thanks for listening to me, and look forward to hearing your responses.

[quote]
… did putting on the cream so close to testing make it high?[/quote]

Very likely. I’d want to be tested again on a day with no application of gel before I adjusted my dosage.

SERM’s and AI’s are different in every way. The SERM is treating the gyno. The AI is keeping it from coming back.

[quote]
3. A liitle concerned about my E2 levels being to low with nolvadex and arimidex being ran at same time, input on this would be great.[/quote]

SERM’s like Nolvadex do not lower your estrogen. They work on the estrogen receptors, not on estrogen itself. The SERM is a short term therapy for the gyno and should be stopped as soon as the problem is fixed. The AI is a long term treatment that will keep you from once again developing the high E levels that lead to the gyno.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I also think there is a big possiblility that the needle used for your blood draw picked up some of this cream as well as your blood. When I was on the androgel I was advised to be real careful about not getting any gel on the test site.

I think it is a false reading. So like happydog, I would say get tested again.

Don’t cut your dosage until you have an accurate reading.

If my testosterone levels were 1700 I would feel like I was King of the World. Do you feel like you are King of the World? So get tested again soon to see where you really are.