Help with My Diet

Hi everyone,

I’m a 17 year old male (5’11 180lbs currently) and have been lifting seriously for about 8 months now. I’ve made some pretty good progress I think so far (starting weight was 153lbs) and have been having fun while doing it most of all.

I’m currently at 15% body fat and have been stuck here for a bit and would like to drop to 8-10%. I’ve read a good amount of articles on this site by Berardi etc. and have been kind of confused lately with what I should do.

I was contemplating using the get shredded diet to lose that 5% fat but then I saw someone say they wouldn’t recommend it to anyone unless you’re starting around 10% body fat.

My overall goals are to gain strength and speed for grappling/boxing while also trying to achieve a lean strong physique.

My diet and routine looks like this:

(I snack on almonds throughout the day)
Calorie total: Roughly 4200
Meal 1 - 10:00am

7 eggs (4 whole, 3 whites)
1 bowl of spinach
1 flaxseed oil capsule
1 multivitamin
2 fish oil caps

Meal 2 - 1:00pm:

1 Steak
1 serving broccoli
2 fish oil caps

Meal 3 - 4:00pm:

2 Skinless Chicken breasts
1 bowl of spinach
1 fat free yogurt
2 fish oil caps
1 vitamin E cap

Meal 4 - 7:00pm:

Large bowl of Lettuce w/ roughly 12oz of chicken and carrots mixed in
2 slices swiss cheese
few glasses of fat free milk
1 fish oil cap

Meal 5 - 10:00pm

5 eggs (3 whole 2 whites)
1 bowl spinach
2 fish oil caps
1 multivitamin

Brief overview of my training routine:

Monday (Max Strength Lifting 1-4 reps, 5 exercises)
Tuesday (Sprints and Core Training)
Wednesday (Hypertrophy 8-10 reps, 6 exercises)
Thursday (Bag work and Core training)
Friday (Speed and explosiveness training)

Sat/Sunday = Rest

I feel like there is definitely something I should be changing in my diet and possibly my routine (even though I’ve been having pretty good results in performance thus far) so all critique is welcome and encouraged as I appreciate any help I can get from the more experienced.

Thanks in advance.

Other that the complete lack of fruit and no variety in your veggies it looks VERY solid. Id think anbout getting just variety different veggies eat some fish, lean pork even, FRUIT is not evil.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Other that the complete lack of fruit and no variety in your veggies it looks VERY solid. Id think anbout getting just variety different veggies eat some fish, lean pork even, FRUIT is not evil.

Phill[/quote]

Yeah I’ve never really been a big fruit eater, not sure why but I’ll definitely add some more fruit into my diet. Any suggestions on what fruits I should add in? Again I hear mixed things about fruit like, “Oh don’t eat bananas and grapes, the sugar in it makes you gain fat!” etc. and then some say it’s fine. So I’m kind of confused on what fruits I should eat.

I forgot to mention I’ll alternate between steak and pork chops every other day or so.

Thanks for the advice.

Fruit again variety bro.

Readn the article by Cy Willson I think titles Forbidden Fruit.

Anyhow all of it is GOOD sure some higher in II/GI then others you cant go wrong with berries, apples, pears, paeches etc etc.

Phill

Do you know how many calroies etc. it is?

[quote]Phill wrote:
Fruit again variety bro.

Readn the article by Cy Willson I think titles Forbidden Fruit.

Anyhow all of it is GOOD sure some higher in II/GI then others you cant go wrong with berries, apples, pears, paeches etc etc.

Phill[/quote]

Alright thanks for the help, I’ll definitely check out that article.

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
Do you know how many calroies etc. it is?[/quote]

On an average day it’s roughly 4200-4400 calories. Varies in that range depending on how many almonds I snack on etc. but usually right around there. I rarely go over.