Help with my Diet

Well basically here is the basic outlook of my diet on a good, average and bad day.

Good day.
Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs.
Brunch: Banana
Lunch: Tomato, spinach and chicken.
Dinner: Meatballs with pasta and random veggies.
Post workout 7pm+:Tuna or mackerel with pasta if I haven’t had it earlier that day.

Good days don’t seem to occur that often anymore, partly parents fault partly my own.

Average day.
Breakfast: whole grain cereal or fruit.
Lunch:blt sandwich
Dinner:chicken stir fry.
post workout: something ridiculous like fruit…

Bad day.
Breakfast: Fruit or McDonalds…
Lunch: banana/subway
Dinner: some vegetables with some disgusting frozen accompaniment.
Post workout: nothing or fruit.

Bad days seem to happen far to often now, I don’t know why I know at around breakfast time I’m already in the city and I just have to stop myself eating rubbish - I used to be better than that.
Dinner time is usually whatever my parents choose.
Post workout is also difficult because I don’t like any supplements other than fish oils and there isn’t much in the house.

Can you just give me some good easy ideas for meals to add in to times in the day that I seem to constantly be failing in? Lunch / Post workout.

Spend $10-15 a week on chicken, cook it all one day. Eat that.

Protien bars, Shakes.

NOT going to McD’s will help. Just go to a supermarket instead.

Protein bars and shakes I’m not too interested in 1.) a lot of them are carcinogenic and 2.) You don’t really need them with the correct diet.

McD’s is hard I’m always in there because its where my friends eat 9times out of 10 I wont eat anything but that 1time is still pretty bad I think.

don’t say you won’t have protien shakes and then say you’re at mcd’s all the time and expect help man; just a friendly tip.

try finding other people on here that won’t promote a good shake to add good calories, you’ll be hard pressed to find that someone.

I won’t even touch the “carcinogenic” sentence.

Your a newbie…so please do more reading then posting.

is this a real thread? this guy was wanting to do the V-Diet earlier. dude you’re talking about carcinogens and saying you’re going to mcd’s??? wtf?

[quote]cpcloud wrote:
dude you’re talking about carcinogens and saying you’re going to mcd’s??? wtf?[/quote]

no kiddin

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
Can you just give me some good easy ideas for meals to add in to times in the day that I seem to constantly be failing in? Lunch / Post workout.

Protein bars and shakes I’m not too interested in 1.) a lot of them are carcinogenic and 2.) You don’t really need them with the correct diet.

McD’s is hard I’m always in there because its where my friends eat 9times out of 10 I wont eat anything but that 1time is still pretty bad I think.
[/quote]

Unless your friends are holding you at gun point and forcing you to go into McDonalds you are choosing to do it. You fail because you choose to fail.

Here’s what you do, come up with a list of things that you think may be good and post them here (you know who you are and what you are willing to eat). Once you do some of the work yourself people will be able to help you.

Frankly it’s kind of weak of you to not put any effort into solving your problem, ask for advice and then tell us what you think of the advice.

[quote]905Patrick wrote:

Unless your friends are holding you at gun point and forcing you to go into McDonalds you are choosing to do it. You fail because you choose to fail.

Here’s what you do, come up with a list of things that you think may be good and post them here (you know who you are and what you are willing to eat). Once you do some of the work yourself people will be able to help you.

Frankly it’s kind of weak of you to not put any effort into solving your problem, ask for advice and then tell us what you think of the advice.[/quote]

Fair points.

I know at the end of the day I eat McD’s because I choose to I used to resist the temptation. I’m a weaker person now than I was.

I know I should be eating plenty of protein, I love chicken so this helps. I love salad and fruit I’m not a big fan of vegetables I think this is because they are cooked and when they are warm the texture changes and I find them hard to eat.

I’m planning on cutting… I want to reduce my calories by about 400 a day to start with as I don’t consume many usually. I only drink water at home this helps a lot. I read a lot of articles here and I know eating properly isn’t hard if you have the food in your house.

I’m sure you all know there is a real difference between fast food and junk food.
My house has more junk food in it than most fast food retailers e.g. If I went to a chinese takeout I’m more likely to get nutritional food then I am in my house.

At the end of the day I can’t force my parents to buy the right food. I also can’t get a job to buy my own food with when I’m still in fulltime education. I could get a weekend job but by the time travel expenses are all taken care of I’ll have enough money to buy maybe one days worth of meals.

look you’re going to have to buy a high quality protein powder if you want to eat healthier. suck it up. how much junk food can really be in one house?

there really isn’t that much of a difference between fast food and junk food. both are fast and both are junk. i guess if you had a homemade cheesecake or something that would be not fast junk food.

but most of the time they are one in the same i.e. cookies, donuts, chips, white bread etc. eat lots of salad fruit and chicken and go to the damn chinese takeout if it’s healthier (steamed chicken or beef or shrimp w/ steamed broccoli sauce on the side)

So you are sure these protein powder things aren’t detrimental to your health?
I’ve heard so many things about synthetic products… Whether it’s true or not I’ve been believing it.

wtf do you think is in mcdonald’s burger: synthetic trans fat, bun: lots of preservatives and high fructose corn syrup=SYNTHETIC. Now look one burger ain’t gonna gonna kill you and may help if you’re a skinny bastard looking to put on mass or just looking to mass up at all costs.

But since you’re cutting i would stay away from all things fast food. and mcdonald’s has salads, but i know you would not look cool in front of your friends if you got the salad at mickey d’s

I know McD’s is full of shit I’m just being dumb lately.
I’m cutting to lose body fat, I’m a lean guy anyway I just want to be ripped.

[quote]BruceLeeFan wrote:
I’m a lean guy anyway I just want to be ripped.
[/quote]

Does this make sense to anyone?

EDIT: i get it now but here’s the thing: if you’re lean and want to get leaner then diet is key. You need to be exact with everything and count everything because there aren’t many people who are naturally at 5-6% bf. read some of the articles on here dammit. and not the ones about the v-diet because if i recall you said you are a teenager.