Help With my Diet, How Many Carbs?

Hallo.

Im starting my diet, 203lb now and not sure how much i should eat. Heard so much different.

I eat almost the same all year around just lowering the carb intake in the summer time .

A regulare day for me is like this:
m1: 40g whey + 80g outmeal + omega 42/8/52
m2: 200g chicken + 80g bread + salad 50/8/33
m3: 200g chicken + 80g bread + salad 50/8/33
m4: 120g tuna + 40g outmeal + omega 35/5/26
m5: 200g turkey + 270g sweet potato 50/2/45
m6: 120g tuna + 2dl milk + omega 38/2/10

Total 265 /33/ 199 Total 2200 kcal

On workout days I take a post workout shake between m4 and m5 with 40g whey + 40g whey then my total intake is almoust 300/34/240 total 2500 kcal.

I though around 200g karbs on the off days was ok, but some buddys of mine say I should eat more and some say less…

Train weight training 4 days a week, and a little bit cardio the other days. Planning to cut to around 190lb without loosing to much “power”…

help somebody ?

2500 kcal enough? 202lb 5,9ft , lifting 4 days a week.
Could I cut on that intake? Yesterday (training day) then the intake was like 250/42/256 total 2450

Get on the scales, measure your body fat over the period of a month at that level of calorie intake and you will find out. No calculation or internet diagnosis is going to tell you how your body will drop fat at a certain calorie level or how your body will respond to carbs. This is something you got figure out via trial and error and using the calculations as a starting point.

I’m just going to go ahead and say…hell no 2500 calories isn’t enough. Some of the women on this site are eating about that much man.

Why are your fats so low? Those are still essential. Try getting around 100g or so. There have been several instances where people were unable to continue growing b/c their fat intake was so low. I know once I upped mine it definitely helped.

If anything this is a cut diet you have posted. But looking at your avatar you have a pretty good 6 pack so I don’t see why you would eat this little.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I’m just going to go ahead and say…hell no 2500 calories isn’t enough. Some of the women on this site are eating about that much man.

Why are your fats so low? Those are still essential. Try getting around 100g or so. There have been several instances where people were unable to continue growing b/c their fat intake was so low. I know once I upped mine it definitely helped.

If anything this is a cut diet you have posted. But looking at your avatar you have a pretty good 6 pack so I don’t see why you would eat this little.[/quote]

Hallo thanks for the advices :slight_smile: Yes i know 2500kcal isnt that much, and the fat is low, i havnt calculated the omegas and that stuff in the calculaton just the food so i guess i got to try to add that too. But yes i should increase my fat intake.

But is like 40/20/40 p/f/c a okay combination ?
Or should i do it a different way.

About the avatar that was last summer at 190lb so planning to get in better shape now.

[quote]bob84 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

If anything this is a cut diet you have posted. But looking at your avatar you have a pretty good 6 pack so I don’t see why you would eat this little.

Hallo thanks for the advices :slight_smile: Yes i know 2500kcal isnt that much, and the fat is low, i havnt calculated the omegas and that stuff in the calculaton just the food so i guess i got to try to add that too. But yes i should increase my fat intake.

About the avatar that was last summer at 190lb so planning to get in better shape now.

[/quote]

Agree on increasing fat intake. About how many calories to you usually eat? If I had to guess, I’d say around 2500 calories would be about right if you are wanting to cut 10-15 lbs. over the next couple of months. We are the same weight and that’s about where I would start if I were going to cut (I definitely wouldn’t go much lower than this)–if you aren’t losing fat fast enough, just add in some more exercise rather than cutting calories.

[quote]bob84 wrote:
[/quote]

If your goal is to cut, which is what I think you are doing? Then no.

If you are into the whole macro breakdown I’d go with 40/40/20. Gotta limit those carbs when you want to drop the fat my man.

COnsidering you weigh around 200 now, I agree that 2500 is too low from the start. You could probably get away with 3000 for a month or so, and then drop to 2800, and then again to 2500. This is essentially what I did, starting at 205 lbs, and able to drop while still eating 3000 cal a day (with no cardio)

S

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

If anything this is a cut diet you have posted. But looking at your avatar you have a pretty good 6 pack so I don’t see why you would eat this little.[/quote]

I second waylander. I’ve eaten that many calories in a meal.

Hallo.

Though i should write how the cutting is going, since I asked you guys about advices.

Started with the food intake like written first post, then dropped karbs to 180 , then to 160 , then 140 last week. Going like 2 weeks before i cut more and more.

A normal day is about this now: like yesterday it was like 218/45/136 total of 1840 kcal.
Next week i dropping karbs down another 12g. so it would be like around 125-130. On training days I add a shake so about 150kcal extra in proteins.

Doing cardio like 2hours a day, trip before breakfest and before bedteam.

So from Monday with the cutting im going down to 1750 kcal on days without weighlifting.
Weight / BF have gone like this:
5-09 : 195 / 11%
5-22 : 190,7 / 9,3%
6-06 : 187 / 7,6%
According to those numbers i havent lost to much lean mas yet.
Would try to drop down around 4 lb more.

Any tips tricks ore feedback on my food or so just let me know, always great with tips :slight_smile: