Help With Meal Planning

I don’t know if it is lack of motivation or what. When I try to sit down and plan meals for the day/week I draw a blank and end up with nothing. Does anyone have any tips on getting this done? I do ok with supper for the most part and I try to eat left overs for lunch, my real problem is with the in between meals…

Also, what do you use to track everything, a plain notebook?

I’m really busting ass in the gym and I want to make sure my food intake is up to the task. I have read some of Berardi’s articles and I think I know what to do… I just can’t seem to “Git R dun”.

Thanks.

[quote]Todd S. wrote:
I don’t know if it is lack of motivation or what. When I try to sit down and plan meals for the day/week I draw a blank and end up with nothing. Does anyone have any tips on getting this done? I do ok with supper for the most part and I try to eat left overs for lunch, my real problem is with the in between meals…

Also, what do you use to track everything, a plain notebook?

I’m really busting ass in the gym and I want to make sure my food intake is up to the task. I have read some of Berardi’s articles and I think I know what to do… I just can’t seem to “Git R dun”.

Thanks. [/quote]

Props for busting your ass in the gym as well as recognizing proper meal planning as a priority.

1. Get into the habit of planning. It is hard at first but will soon become habit. I have a PDA computer with all my contacts, appointments, and lifting and eating spreadsheets (I’m a geek).

2. Keep things simple. Buy meal replacement packets and keep a shaker on hand, have a handful of nuts, some jerky, keep fresh fruit in a nearby fridge, have a protien bar or two nearby as well. If it’s that simple it should be easy to follow.

I printed out a ton of John B’s articles and they are helping tremendously, still not to the point I am sure what exactly to cook and eat but it is getting there.