Help with Lower Body Program

Hi guys,

An elbow issue I’ve had has compounded, and the doc has stopped me from any upper-body lifting. Hell, I’m restricted to light desk duties at work.

I don’t want to get unfit, so I’ve been doing some squatting and running, but it’s pretty ad-hoc.
I figure I can use this time to really develop my sprinting, leg power and explosiveness, but I’m not sure of the best way to go around it.

I play touch rugby, so can anyone throw up a quick lower body only program? I have a 20" box, skipping rope, cones for agility circuits, running harness with tyres and chains, weighted vest, and unlimited access to a squat rack.

Thanks guys!

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/hungarian_oak_leg_blast&cr=

Your welcome :wink:

BTW, I did this last night, except I used front squats. My quads were so pumped.
Try them with body weight since you can’t use loaded movements.

That looks tough as fuck. I’ll def be doing it!

I still need a way of implementing sprints, plyometrics and agility.

Come on guys, 160+ views and nothing (except that leg circuit of death)??

[quote]02Thief wrote:
Hi guys,

An elbow issue I’ve had has compounded, and the doc has stopped me from any upper-body lifting. Hell, I’m restricted to light desk duties at work.

I don’t want to get unfit, so I’ve been doing some squatting and running, but it’s pretty ad-hoc.
I figure I can use this time to really develop my sprinting, leg power and explosiveness, but I’m not sure of the best way to go around it.

I play touch rugby, so can anyone throw up a quick lower body only program? I have a 20" box, skipping rope, cones for agility circuits, running harness with tyres and chains, weighted vest, and unlimited access to a squat rack.

Thanks guys![/quote]

If you are training for sports performance, then look at Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 - simple but very effective, also Joe DeFranco Westside for skiiny bastards.

A leg session could look like:

Warm-up
Skipping rope

Box jumps/Long jumps

Squat 5/3/1
Assistance

Other days do sprints and agility work. And no way in hell would I train that hungarian leg programme, it might get your quads bigger but will do absolutely nothing for your performance - other than hinder it possibly. It will take you too long to recover and is focused only on hypertrophy