Help with Low HGH and IGF-1 Blood Results

Ok I have a load of hgh that I brought for me and my wife, but I haven’t used it and left it for her,
But I’m now considering getting on it,
Possibly 3iu per day,
Money is not the issue as I have really good contacts for these things,

But I’m a bit worried about long term complications like diabetes,
What do you think ?

One of the main reasons I’m considering this is because Iv been reading a lot about how testosterone alone lowers collagen synthesis by upto 80percent, I was on primobolan very low dose wich increases collagen synthesis by upto 180 percent but it was giving me alot of spots, so I’m looking for something to replace the primobolan effects with out the spots from high dht,
Also I have suffered from gut health problems in the past so collagen synthesis is very important to me as this really helps protect the guts tissue,

I found some really good studies where they found hgh therapy to have many positive affects on gut health, in people with ibs and ulcerative colitis

In very high doses it can indeed lower collagen synthesis. Are you concerned about this while cycling or on TRT? If you have a reasonable TRT dose I don’t see that as an issue.

My TRT dose is 250mg per week and my cycle dose is around 500mg,

I’m concerned with my TRT mostly as I have to be super careful to keep my gut health in check,
Very clean diet, glutamine, no over training and a lot more,

Do you think the hgh at 3iu per day long term is risky ?

I would be taking it at 7am and not eating for 3 hours, and would possibly have low carb that first meal at 10am

That’s a pretty high TRT dose. For reference take about half that. What do your labs look like on that dose? I don’t know enough about HGH regimens to comment so I would only be speculating. I will defer to others who have more experience in that matter.

My total T is 1600 with free T of 42 and my E2 is 100 with no AI and I have no side effects

I didn’t feel symptom relief until I got upto 250mg per week

@j.lee, you might want to take a look at my post on HGH

Getting tested for GHG is a simple blood test with the one parameter. Here is a lab test result I got from 4 iu. Test was taken 4 hours after injection.

Maybe I was confused on GH measurement due to a study I read on MK-677 and the IGF-1 and GH testing. They were drawing blood samples every hour and plotting them out. Maybe for the study they wanted the most accuracy, and used an average to rule out low and high readings due to measurement or natural body fluctuations? IGF-1 was just a single data point though, which is why I thought GH was more complicated.

Not really sure. For me, I was looking to verify the potency of my GH and to see what kind of change in blood levels it brought on.

It looks like it is just a simple reading. I was mistaken because of a study I read in which they took lots of those tests. I know growth hormone fluctuates based on if you are sleeping, awake and such. I think the study just wanted to capture the whole picture of what the MK did to GH. They just did not do that with the IGF-1, so I figured it was more complicated than it is.

Hi studhammer I just read your post about HGH,
Very good to read,

Do you get low blood sugar even when taking it before bed ?

If you don’t take metformin

No AI taken buddy

I’ll throw in here, I was worried about HGH side effects since most of my family is pre-diabetic or diabetic, so I went with a Tesamorelin 1mg / Ipamorelin 500mcg blend, since it doesn’t have the side effects GH does. IGF-1 went from 138 → 305 after 4 weeks, finishing my 12th week now. The only sides I notice are water retention & slight carpel tunnel in my wrists. If you’re worried about GH, I would recommend this route. No blood sugar issues at all.

Iv never heard of this,
Is this something that can be run long term it only cycles ?

I was told to do 12 weeks at a time, then 4 weeks off

Look up growth hormone secretagogues. That is what those compounds and MK are. These peptide secretagogues can work very well for some and not for others (but seem to work for most). The advantage of MK IMO over those other ones is that it is orally available. The other ones involve a daily shot.

Some people run these all the time to bring up low GH and IGF-1 levels. Others cycle them.

MK made me soooo hungry, like right away, and eventually I gave up on it. Maybe for a bulk it would be something to try and get baseline labs & after 12 weeks to compare

It is a ghrelin mimic, so that is an expected side effect. I take my pretty much immediately before bed. If I don’t fall asleep I feel hungry, otherwise I am fine. I only take 12.5 mg for my dose, so the hunger effect is lower. The dreams on it are pretty crazy when you take it at night.

I do take metformin but when I forget, I can still get blood sugar drops during the day if I haven’t eaten in a while.

Did you use any kind of drugs or do you have any hormonal disease?
My IGF-1 levels by age:
19: 170 ng.ml
21: 212 ng.ml
Btw, are these numbers low?

I looked up alot of articles and studies regarding to find a mean range of igf-1. Screw that lab numbers. What is important is that those studies who measured many test group’s blood levels and centered it with mean average. For example: SciELO - Brasil - Normal values of serum IGF-1 in adults: results from a Brazilian population Normal values of serum IGF-1 in adults: results from a Brazilian population OR this

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/86/12/5870/2849397

Check out the mean average percentages in healthy people by age. It is usually on the 300’s… Hmm

@blshaw What do you also think about my levels and those articles? It seems 300 is the median range? And i had low GH levels for a 17 years old? It was 0.13 ng.ml

Hey this is interesting @studhammer
Can i ask you something? What you think about these numbers?
GH: Age: 17= 0.13 ng\mL (it was almost at the lowest end in the reference. I remember crying out of fear after seeing it.)

Bonus: (My igf-1 levels: age 19= 170 )

Did i have GH deficiency at the age of 17? Still have? The first GH test taken in the morning i remember, i was kinda depressed and stressed. Does levels change this much? What could have i done to increase my GH? Thanks. (The tests were taken for Post Accutane Syndrome i experience.)