Help with Lack of Progression

When did 3000 calories become the standard for how much you eat to gain weight? I’m currently dieting and I’m eating around that. Bump that up another thousand or more and see what happens.

A couple of thoughts –

1. I don’t recommend a lot of supplements, but a big post-workout protein drink might make a sizable difference.

2. Try increasing your workout frequency to something like 2 days on / 1 day rest. But if you do this, do a 2 or 3 way split, rather than a full body workout each time.

3. Each 5 or 6 meals per day, rather than having a few large meals.

4. I agree with previous posters – experiment with doing lower numbers of reps. You can also try doing fewer sets, but doing them to 1 rep from failure.

5. As a last resort, if you can’t gain muscle using the tips above, you can always gain muscle if your willing to gain more fat. If you eat an extra 1000 calories per day, you will start gaining fat. And more muscle almost always comes along with more fat (as long as you keep working out hard). I’ve seen someone how was at a plateau, put on 5 lbs of fat, and then gain nearly 10 lbs of muscle.