Been experiencing low-T like symptoms for a long time, finally bit the bullet and contacted a clinic, and went and got bloodwork yesterday. And now I am perplexed, as my total T level came back at 627.
I am 45 years old, 6’1" and 200lbs. I am experiencing all of these issues to some extent;
- Lack of physical endurance, despite regular exercise
- Difficulty building muscle and retaining strength, despite lifting 4 or 5 days a week. Strength disappears quickly if I miss a few gym days.
- Getting more skinny-fat: man-boobs and mid-section, even though I watch what I eat and I’m in the gym most days.
- Never had much facial hair
- Leg hair thinned out
- Decreased libido, has affected my marriage for a long time
- Morning wood is rare
- General fatigue, malaise, lack of vitality and drive
- Experiencing more joint pain, aches, etc
- More frequent “brain fog”
Here are some of my other lab numbers;
Total Testosterone 627
I don’t see any test numbers for SHBG or Free T on my labwork.
I understand that clinics want to treat symptoms and not necessarily a suggested range. but I really don’t want to pursue starting TRT injections if I don’t need it. What are your thoughts on my numbers?