T Nation

Help with Knowledge of Supps

I’m 29, 65kg(140Ibs) and 5’1.

Currently following Joy Victoria’s power program.
I’ve been told to try grenade and Gaspari superpump. Are they as good as the reviews suggest? Plus
I’ve read the mix of sour orange peel and caffeine is not good.

I know very little about supplements and any advice would be great. I have looked at what T Nation offers the Seven and Indigo-3G look good but I’ve no idea what
would be the best option. I should point out the strongest stimulant I consume is green or black tea.

[quote]mandyuk wrote:
I’m 29, 65kg(140Ibs) and 5’1.

Currently following Joy Victoria’s power program.
I’ve been told to try grenade and Gaspari superpump. Are they as good as the reviews suggest? Plus
I’ve read the mix of sour orange peel and caffeine is not good.

I know very little about supplements and any advice would be great. I have looked at what T Nation offers the Seven and Indigo-3G look good but I’ve no idea what
would be the best option. I should point out the strongest stimulant I consume is green or black tea.[/quote]

What specifically are you looking for? Stimulants? Fat-loss products? Workout Nutrition? My initial thoughts are that you probably shouldn’t even be thinking about supplements at this point and without knowing how you train and how your diet looks its hard to make any further recommendations to anything.

With that being said, the store here has the products listed by categories and you can even do a search by ingredients, so whatever you’re looking for can be found within the store fairly easy.

[quote]mandyuk wrote:
I know very little about supplements and any advice would be great. I have looked at what T Nation offers the Seven and Indigo-3G look good but I’ve no idea what would be the best option. I should point out the strongest stimulant I consume is green or black tea.[/quote]
If the strongest stimulant you currently using is green tea, odds are Superpump or Grenade will blow the roof of your head off, as they both contain several different stimulants.

Like Eazy said, I’m not entirely sure what you’re looking for. I’m guessing you’re after fat loss, in which case I think you’ll set yourself up for good progress if you just stick to the training program as laid out and clean up your nutrition for at least the first month or so before looking to add fat burners or pre-workout boosters.

The only thing I’d recommend for right now is a workout shake like Anaconda. Peri-workout nutrition is crucial for maximizing progress (and minimizing soreness in new lifters). Indigo and Seven are great products, but even they are only going to be maximally effective in the context of a training and nutrition program that’s already dialed in.

Thanks guys.

Working on the nutrition, im going for fat loss,its stubbenly resuing to leave my lower half. But at the same time im working on my strength/power. I’ve been working as a PT for the last year and its the area i want to get into. Never realised how bascis the training was when I did my course until I started working. Looking at joining a power/weightlifting gym at the end of the year when my yougest starts full time school.

At the moment I squat 45kg 5x8, deadlift 35kg 5x8. I can bench press 25kg but cause of the strength difference between by right and left i’m working with 20kg again I do 5x8. These im kind of happy with. Working on the smaller muscles groups with the usual things lateral and frontal raises, shoulder press, inverted rows, singlr arm rows,assisted chins(i would do negative but can never get on the bar). Curls and extension extensions etc.

The V-Diet is very appealing. but with two little mouths to feed I cant quite justify the cost.

Man Gaspari SuperPump 250 has to be the best preworkout/intraworkout supp ive ever used. The pumps we’re totally INSANE! Makes you feel buzzed to train. If your after a preworkout supp i’d go with that.