Help with Insulin Resistance

Just need some help with IR. I began to think im insulin resistant because i cant lose my love handles… ive been doin calisthetics for a while, my stomach flattened but i cant get the love handles down… any help would be helpful…

this is my diet

8am - egg whites and oatmeal w. raisins

10am - handfull of almond

1pm - salad grilled chicken

4pm (pre workout) banana

7pm - post - dinner grill salmon and broccoli.

1 day cheat day

I do calisthetics every day…150 pull ups and 150 pushups … give or take…i usually play basketball for cardio…’

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE DOIN?

or am i on the right road?

Looks Pretty Good to me.

1. I’d keep the egg yolks and consider losing the oatmeal and raisins. Raisins are nature’s candy lol and have a bunch of sugar. The yolks are full of fat soluble vitamins and will keep you fuller than the whites as well as signaling to your body that it needs to consume fats for fuel instead of carbs.
  2. Eat moar protein. From this I’d say you’re only getting about 120 grams/day max. I would want a whey shake right after your workout. Rule of thumb is to eat about one gram protein per pound of bodyweight. More protein will amp your IGF-1 sensitivity way up.
  3. This is more a preference but eat the banana after your workout instead of before. When You consume a bunch of fructose right before working out, your body will target it for a fuel source instead of its own energy stores. I imagine you’re pretty hungry by 4pm when you workout ,which is my favorite way to exercise anyway, but if you’d like to have something in your belly consider eating some more almonds or drinking a small protein shake instead of fruit. After you’ve worked out and your stores are depleted, then Get some sugar in and tell your body to store it as fuel in muscles instead of fat on the hips.

You’re on the right track. Broccoli and salmon is fantastic! Try Kale and spinach in your salads. And consume most, if not all, of your daily carbs in the two hours right after your workout.

I MAY NOT LOSE LOVE HANDLES BECAUSE OF THE HOMEOSTASIS…BUT IM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO CUT THE FAT DOWN THATS STORED IN THEM…

Calories?

Grams: Carbs/Fats/Protein?

@MAF14

I usually dont count calories…but i posted my meal plan above…

this is a pic of me Here

Hill sprints. You’ll lose them love handles if you incorporate them 2-3 times weekly. Guaranteed.

[quote]rico870 wrote:
@MAF14

I usually dont count calories…but i posted my meal plan above…[/quote]

That’s the problem. Your ‘meal plan’ could be anywhere from 1000-4000 calories, a stretch on the high end yes but I am making a point…

@bushidobadboy

Haha sorry bout the caps bro! im at work and my system requires us to use caps on info…sorry bout that…

my question was how could i make the fat on my sides/love handles simmer down?..

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
WHY THE CAPS?
[/quote]
Yeah, dick. Now apologize for hurting BBB’s feelings.

I wouldn’t say you have “love handles” from that pic. Looks like if you do what you gotta do to drop a bit more bodyfat, that area will get smaller. Just focus on what causes fat loss rather than worrying about IR

@bushidobadboy i thought my work out was ok… and i posted my meal plan…i asked is my meal plan ok? calistetics ok?

u said change nutrition…what should i change, with my example meal plan?

ditch the oatmeal and raisins and go with whole eggs/veggies. that’d be a good first change

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]rico870 wrote:
@bushidobadboy i thought my work out was ok… and i posted my meal plan…i asked is my meal plan ok? calistetics ok?

u said change nutrition…what should i change, with my example meal plan?[/quote]

When it comes to nutrition, it’s far more about timing than it is about amounts. Read up on nutrient timing.

When it comes to training, it’s far more about variety (within SAID and specific fitness requirments) and overcoming adaption, than it is about anything else really - for the physique athlete, anyway.

So if you eat the same shit at the same time every day and perform the same workout, session after session, then you will stagnate. Simple as that.

To force change (in your physique), you need to implement change (in training and nutrient timing).

That’s all I’m giving you. I hope you can learn from it :wink:

BBB[/quote]

fucking Yoda you are…