Help with Glycogen Replenishment for MMA

Hello
I am a Amature MMA fighter, I train 5 days a week 4 gym sessions 5 hours MMA training

I was just after some information on Glycogen Replenishment ?

At the moment I drink a shake 30mins before a workout (gym and MMA) consisting of 30gram whey and 60-90 grams of dextrose powder. Also have the same shake after a workout

Breaky is a huge bowl of cereal and whey shake
lunch is a big plate of meat n veg (usually 500grams of meat)
dinner is a big plate of meat n veg (usually 500grams of meat)

2-5 of the above shakes a day

Is that enough to refill my glycogen each day ?
Should I eat more carbs around my work outs ?
Is dextose to fast acting for my needs ?
Is there anyway of knowing when my glycogen is full ? test etc ?
should I use slower digesting carbs for replenishment or fast ?

Thank you for your time and any input
JC

That sounds like plenty. If you’re PERFORMANCE is dropping, you may to add more, but 200g of carbs a day + your 3 meals should cover everything man.

You only really hear about glycogen depletion because people do it intentionally (Body builders prepping for a show) on low carb diets for days on end. If you are getting several grams of carbs a day its really not a worry

BCAAs have shown to increase rate and efficacy of glycogen replenishment…

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
That sounds like plenty. If you’re PERFORMANCE is dropping, you may to add more, but 200g of carbs a day + your 3 meals should cover everything man.

You only really hear about glycogen depletion because people do it intentionally (Body builders prepping for a show) on low carb diets for days on end. If you are getting several grams of carbs a day its really not a worry[/quote]

ok thanks heaps, makes me feel better, just want to make sure my nutrition is strong so i get the best out of all the work i put into my body cheers