Help with Forearm Pain

Hey guys!

I have been experiencing some pain in my forearms lately, so I’ll try to explain it and hopefully get some feedback!

OK, so when I do exercises that involve a strong grip, such as deadlifts (I don’t use straps), heavy bicep curls - either with barbell or dumbbells, or pullups (again, no straps), I experience pain in my forearms AFTER letting go of the weight! Geographically, if I am holding my hands in front of me, with palms up, the pain runs along the inside of the forearms. Could this be the result of grip and/or forearm weakness? I don’t really do any direct training of either. Maybe I need to start…

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have the same problem. Pain is deep inside at the elbow. I cannot do hammer curls, chin-ups, flies. These kill me. Went to an Ortho last week and he said its tendonitis. He said lay off the weights (all weights) for 30 days; take 800 milligrams of Ibuprofen 3 times a day (2400 total/day). This pain is a result of micro tears where the tendon attaches to the bone. The ibuprofen will reduce the inflammation. You must let this heal before getting back to the weights otherwise you are just constantly irritating the areas. I know it sucks but there is no other solution. After a month, slowly get back into the weights. Make sure you are properly warming up.

I am on week 2 of being off. I am feeling better but the pain is still there.

I have had this for about 5 or 6 months and finally when to the doctor. The culprit for me was after doing very heavy dumbbell presses, I would let the weights down and right before they hit the ground, I would stop them, so they wouldn’t make a loud crash (think of a incline hammer curl position) This was a mistake.

Hope this helps. I would recommend going to the doctor for another opinion