T Nation

Help With Fish Recipe

Ok so I wanna cook up some fish that I’m hopefully gonna be catching tomorrow. I got this recipe from a friend but wondering if anyone had ideas for stuff to substitute. Well let me give u the recipe first.

Need: Flour, Egg beaten, breadcrumbs, crushed up nut (walnut, almond, pistachio).

Take the fish dip it in the flour, then the egg then a mixture of 1/2 and 1/2 breadcrumbs and crushed up nuts. Fry it in a pan w/ some olive oil.

Sounds awsume right? So what are good subs for flour and breadcrumbs to cut out some carbs? Thanks.

well I would suggest flax meal or almond meal. Save money and make your own by buying almonds in the baking isle and using a blender or food processor until bread crumb or flour texture.

I also make low carb chicken fingers this way.
Just be sure to season everything. Season your flour substitute, season your egg, season your crumb substitute. Otherwise, it will be BLAND!

Enjoy!
Christy

What are ya fishin’ for? New York?-- Trout, steelhead, pike?

Hard to find me this time of year without a fly-rod in my hand. Striper, shad, trout, salmon…

Here’s my preferred fish method, but I’m biased :wink:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2144267

You can fry it in the oil without coating in flour or breadcrumbs if you wish. Not quite as tasty, but still good.

Our basic prep for most fish is to marinate in olive oil, soy sauce, and cajun spice, then grill. Spray olive oil on the grill and use high heat to minimize sticking.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
What are ya fishin’ for? New York?-- Trout, steelhead, pike?

Hard to find me this time of year without a fly-rod in my hand. Striper, shad, trout, salmon…

Here’s my preferred fish method, but I’m biased :wink:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2144267

[/quote]

I’m a NYer but not there right now. Spending my summer in the florida keys as a divemaster. I spearfish down here for all my food, sunday I got a 25lb grouper and a big hogfish thats lasted me 3 meals. Hogfish are my favorite.