T Nation

Help With Complexes

I am going to start complexes for fat loss this week. It was reccommended
I do some heavy lifting during the complexes.

I am thinking of doing a quick push-pull with compound lifts. Should I do them before or after the compleses? Would this even be the best way to go?

Complexes are not normally done with very heavy weight as you probably know. However, due to the quick-lift nature of many of the components of complexes such as cleans, snatches, high-pulls, push-presses, push-jerks etc. I’d rather put them first ie; before heavy lifting.

Then I’d probably just squat, dip and chin or maybe just squat and dip afterward.

Bent Over Barbell Row
-rest 90s
Hang Clean
-rest 90s
Front Squat + Push Press Hybrid
-rest 90s
Jump Squat
-rest90s
Good Morning
rest 90s than repeat the whole thing.

This is how I do them right? No rest bwteen the sets, just 90 seounds?

Does it matter if i do them every other day or 2 days on 1 day off etc?

Thanks

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Bent Over Barbell Row
-rest 90s
Hang Clean
-rest 90s
-rest 90s
Jump Squat
-rest90s
Good Morning
rest 90s than repeat the whole thing.

This is how I do them right? No rest bwteen the sets, just 90 seounds?

Does it matter if i do them every other day or 2 days on 1 day off etc?

Thanks
[/quote]

If you remove all of the “rest 90s” except for the last one that would be 1 set of 1 complex.

I can’t really tell your understanding from the way you have worded the question but you rest between sets and not between exercises.

You can try heavy weights if you want but you might want to keep the light ones close by :slight_smile:

I am asking how long I should rest after the last exercise, in this case it would be the good morning.

Thanks and sorry for the confusing.

I am asking how long I should rest after the last exercise, in this case it would be the good morning.

Thanks and sorry for the confusing.

Bent Over Barbell Row

• NO REST
    Hang Clean
  • NO REST
  • NO REST
    Jump Squat
  • NO REST
    Good Morning
    rest 90s then repeat the whole thing.

This is how you do them. Do not rest between exercises, do not even let go of the bar.

I would save your heavy lifting for after, give yourself several minutes recovery before getting into the heavy lifting.
Bear in mind that the heavy is relative, you will be drained after the complexes so do not expect to hit any PRs.
I suggest one big push, one big pull as a superset with plenty of rest for 2-3 sets. Then some auxillary work, bis, calves, abs… whatever. That’s how I like to do it anyway.

In other words, I perform a set of squats, rest 60 seconds, perform a set of push-ups, rest 60 seconds, and repeat.

That is what confused me. haha

Due to lack of sleep from changing shifts at work, I have to put these off until next Monday.

Any more advice?

Thanks