T Nation

Help With Chad Waterbury Program

I want to start by telling that im from Denmark and my english might not be so good. Hope that someone will help me anyway.

I have read alot of Chad Waterbury’s writing and i want to do his “style” of training.
In case you’re not familiar with his principles, some of them are:

• Lift fast!
  • Stop each set once your rep speed slows down or your form changes.
  • Aim for an amount of reps, not sets.
  • Do as many sets as it takes to complete all your reps.
  • Do fullbody workout.

There is an example of one of his programs here:

Since the goal with my program is only hypertrophy i should be doing between 36-50 reps per exercise. My problem is, that i want to train this way, but i want to make it into a 2-split.
But i want similar volume per week as he prescribe. Im not sure how to accomplish that. If my 2-split is Monday/Thuesday and Thursday/Friday, should i then have two exercises for each muscle groups of 36-50 reps. In his fullbody’s he only pick one exercise.

Can nobody help?

[quote]Klund wrote:
Since the goal with my program is only hypertrophy i should be doing between 36-50 reps per exercise. My problem is, that i want to train this way, but i want to make it into a 2-split.
But i want similar volume per week as he prescribe. Im not sure how to accomplish that. If my 2-split is Monday/Thuesday and Thursday/Friday, should i then have two exercises for each muscle groups of 36-50 reps. In his fullbody’s he only pick one exercise.[/quote]
Waterbury described an upper-lower split in Big Boy Basics:

That shows one way that he’d set up that kind of routine, still with one exercise per movement pattern/bodypart.
Workout 1: Horizontal push, horizontal pull, vertical push, vertical pull
Workout 2: Squat variation, deadlift variation, abs, calves
Workout 3: Horizontal push, horizontal pull, biceps, triceps
workout 4: Squat variation, hamstrings, abs, calves

If you wanted to increase the volume even more, his ABBH 1 and 2 are examples of how he’d layout another split, using one or two exercises per bodypart:

Workout 1: Horizontal push/pull
Workout 2: Legs (squat variation), abs, calves
Workout 3: Vertical push/pull
Workout 4: Legs (deadlift variation), abs, calves