Help With Carb Cycling

ok so im 6’2 275 and im 25 my BMR is 3022. i know for weight loss i need to eat 1.5g of protein pes pound and 1.25 per of carbs . i got all this from the carb cycling article. this is what i have so far 397g protein 331.25 g of carb and 165g of fat, this is one day. just want to know if this is right . any help would be great

For what? A moderate day? Contacting Thib in his locker room would probably provide better answers, but I think your fat intake is far too high.

[quote]parsley_2010 wrote:
ok so im 6’2 275 and im 25 my BMR is 3022. i know for weight loss i need to eat 1.5g of protein pes pound and 1.25 per of carbs . i got all this from the carb cycling article. this is what i have so far 397g protein 331.25 g of carb and 165g of fat, this is one day. just want to know if this is right . any help would be great [/quote]

I would say it’s not right, as that comes out to 4400 calories. You aren’t going to lose much weight on 4400 cals.

I don’t exactly recall the CCC article, but I don’t think it was necessarily written for weight loss. I also disagree that for weight loss you eat 1.5g of protein per pound. If anything it’s 1.5g per lb of LBM, or closer to 1g.

Hopefully someone else who’s done this diet will chime in.

Im hoping for your sake that thats the “high” day in your carb cycle. Its usually the case where if your cycling carbs you have a couple days where your GOOD fat intake is higher and you have very low carbs. Then you have a high carb day where you jack up the carbs, lower the fat, and keep the protein high also. Protein can usually stay at a constant, but you manipulate your fats and carbs. As was stated before, post it in one of the authors locker rooms threads. You will probably get more detailed info.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

Hopefully someone else who’s done this diet will chime in.[/quote]

I’ve “done this diet”(it’s not a program, it’s called eating smart), and even at higher weight classes, I’ve never consumed more than 50 grams of fat a day(during fatloss). The protien is best set at 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass, and carbs should no higher than that on any given day. Most people do well starting at 300-325 for a high carb day, 225-275 for a moderate day, and 150-200 for a low day. As for fats, you need them for your t-levels, but you don’t need THAT much. Try around 50.

Of course, if you would have done the equasions right, or asked CT, I wouldn’t have to give out estimated advice.

[quote]Roy wrote:
I’ve “done this diet”(it’s not a program, it’s called eating smart)[/quote]

It is a “diet”, everything is a diet:

"In nutrition, the diet is the sum of food consumed by a person or other organism. Dietary habits are the habitual decisions an individual or culture makes when choosing what foods to eat. Although humans are omnivores, each culture holds some food preferences and some food taboos. Individual dietary choices may be more or less healthy. Proper nutrition requires vitamins, minerals, and fuel in the form of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Dietary habits play a significant role in the health and mortality of all humans.

source: Wikipedia

Whether it’s a smart eating plan, a program, or whatever you want to call it- it is still a “diet”.