T Nation

Help With Body Composition Change

I wrestle for 1.5-2h a week 3-5times a week
Run for 40mins 0-2 times a week depending on how much I wrestle

And weights 3times a week for about an hour as session.

My goal is to increase muscle but decrease fat…so which sup would be better HOT-ROX or protein powder…I was thinking HOT-ROX but i’m just looking for some experienced opinions

uh…

Two totally different supplements.

I’d love to get into that, but you should start by reading about nutrition and specifically the info about each product.

Seek out Vroom’s Beginner Article (I know you aren’t a beginner). You may consider V-Diet but make sure you really focus on doing what Shug’s says. Use the time on the V-Diet to get in the site and read.

Best of luck.

[quote]Rookie21 wrote:
I wrestle for 1.5-2h a week 3-5times a week
Run for 40mins 0-2 times a week depending on how much I wrestle

And weights 3times a week for about an hour as session.

My goal is to increase muscle but decrease fat…so which sup would be better HOT-ROX or protein powder…I was thinking HOT-ROX but i’m just looking for some experienced opinions[/quote]

With that much work, I really think you risk overtraining and muscle loss. With that in mind, the best supplement purchase you could make is Surge, for your recovery. On a clean diet, that much work alone ought to equal fat loss, and Surge would work to preserve muscle. Look into the diet articles to make sure everything is in order. (Surge is widely indicated in all of them.)

A next step might be Methoxy-7 or Carbolin 19. HOT-ROX is too risky IMO, and money spent on protein is better spent on whole foods in almost every circumstance.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
uh…

Two totally different supplements.

I’d love to get into that, but you should start by reading about nutrition and specifically the info about each product.

Seek out Vroom’s Beginner Article (I know you aren’t a beginner). You may consider V-Diet but make sure you really focus on doing what Shug’s says. Use the time on the V-Diet to get in the site and read.

Best of luck.[/quote]

I wouldn’t do the V-diet as an athlete exercising at your level. The demands placed on the body would be too great. As far as I know, you also have plenty of time before wrestling season to lose the fat. I think something more gradual and less extreme would be better. Eating at maintenance or slightly above and lifting hard for awhile might be the best idea. You could add some muscle and minimal if any fat this way. As you get closer to the season, you could begin the T. Dawg diet to strip some fat from your body. There are various supplements that you could use in each phase to help you reach your goals. Read through the different aticles and questions, thoroughly. But are you a high school wrestler? or college or beyond? The Biotest supplements are generally not recommended if under 18. Of course it would be your choice.

I am a high school wrestler, gr.10, 16 and that little rountine I just started for 2weeks. I generally have a hard time losing fat but it seems that slowly even without any supps right now other then a little protein I appear to be gaining muscle and losing a lil fat. My diet is pretty clean, not the best but its clean usually I’ll have cereal, eggs or oatmeal for breakfast with milk, lunch will consist of say a samich or 2 with a fruit and some fruit juice, I have a fruit and a granola bar or something for pre-wrestling/workout and a good shake of protein post workout
followed by 2 small meals in the next 4hours. I was just interested in trying some new things and see how they would affect me.

I actually am a rookie, I know my basics and such through people and this site but as far as lifting goes I’ve lifted for 2months in total …and now im starting to pick it up again bcause i wanna be a T-Man :smiley:

I would agree on the Surge for recovery and, depending on your budget, maybe work in some Grow! Between the wrestling and running, I really can’t imagine you will have a hard time losing fat because you are just so incredibly active. If cost is an issue, I would just work more whole food protein into your diet because, based on the daily intake you described above, you could work in some more (notably at lunch or mid-afternoon snack).

Best of luck to you. Keep us posted!

Kuz