T Nation

Help with Bloodwork: Start of Week 7 of First Test E Cycle

Hi I just received my bloodwork results. Blood drawn roughly 36 hours after injection (250 mg of test e twice a week). Need some help with interpreting the results. Any help is much appreciated.

ENDOCRINE:

• SHBG: 15.0 nmol/L (ref. 16.5 - 55.9)

THYROID FUNCTION:

• Free T4: 16.3 pmol/L (ref. 12.0 - 22.0)
  • TSH: 1.31 mIU/L (ref. 0.27 - 4.20)

TEST:

• Prolactin: 561.8 mIU/L (ref. 85.7 - 322.2)
  • Estradiol: 278.0 pmol/L (ref. 41.4 - 159.0)
  • LH: 0.5 IU/L (ref. 1.7 - 8.6)
  • FSH: < 0.3 IU/L (ref. 1.5 - 12.4)
  • Testosterone, Total: > 52.00 nmol/L (ref. 8.64 - 29.00)

The lab results had total T cut off at 52 nmol/L if it’s above it so I don’t know the exact value of my total T. I’m actually shocked at how high my estradiol was, because I actually took 0.5 mg of arimidex the day before the bloodwork.

Is the bloodwork result what I should expect to see at the start of week 7 of a test e cycle? Is there anything I should be concerned about? Thanks!

Do you feel fine? If so then likely not. Your probably 2x upper range in both test and E2 so that normal. You have low SHBG which means your Free T is even likely much higher of a magnitude. Prolactin is obviously a bit high but sans symptoms I wouldn’t mess with it if it were me.

Thanks for your reply. Before the cycle I rarely got sick, but while on cycle I frequently get elevated body temperature (occasionally low-grade fever). Blood pressure is constantly high around 140/70 even though I’ve been taking arimidex to lower my E2. Night sweats every night since week 2. Feel tired very often as well.

If you’re feeling that bad you may want to get a CBC. Hormonal changes can make you feel wonky but the BP is a little concerning. Do you look like you’re holding water (moon face etc)?

I did CBC as well.

• Haemoglobin 16.2 g/dL (ref. 13.5 - 18.0)
  • Red cell count 5.3 x10E12/L (ref. 4.5 - 6.5)
  • Total White cell count 18.5 x10E9/L (ref. 4.0 - 11.0)

Differential count:

• Neutrophils * 78.3 % 14.49 x10E9/L (ref. 2.00 - 7.50)
  • Lymphocytes 10.3 % 1.91 x10E9/L (ref. 1.50 - 4.00)
  • Monocytes * 8.6 % 1.59 x10E9/L (ref. 0.20 - 0.80)
  • Eosinophils * 2.5 % 0.46 x10E9/L (ref. 0.04 - 0.40)
  • Basophils 0.3 % 0.06 x10E9/L (< 0.21)
  • Haematocrit (PCV) 0.52 (ref. 0.40 - 0.54)
  • MCV 99 fL (ref. 78 - 98)
  • MCH 31 pg (ref. 27 - 32)
  • MCHC 31 g/dL (ref. 31 - 36)
  • RDW 13.1 % (ref. 11.0 - 15.5)
  • Platelets 237 x10E9/L (ref. 140 - 440)
  • Peripheral Blood Film : No early white blood cells seen. Shows slight degree of macrocytosis.

The issue is while on test e, I never get moon face or ‘blow up’ like some people experience. Strength improved but not by a lot. Weight gain is also very little, only about 8 lb so far.

I’m not medical professional but it appears you had some sort of infection or illness you were fighting off. Tagging a few others. @lordgains @unreal24278 @iron_yuppie @mnben87

It does appear his body doesn’t like something. What that is, I don’t know. May or may not be gear related.

This sounds to me like your gear is not free of pyogenic substances. This would induce fever and neutrophilia.

The other elevated white blood cells point to infection or autoimmune reaction.

Do you have pain at the injection site?

It is a relatively mild leukocytosis, which means usually it is transient and nothing to worry about, it still could be something to worry about especially with your symptoms.

Thanks for replying!

Yeah even in week 7, when I have pinned my left and right VG and DG multiple times, I still get PIP. With every onset of PIP, I would start to feel sick.

My current gear is 300 mg/ml. Carrier oils contain benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, and USP grade carrier oil.

I cleaned the vial with alcohol swabs before and after each drawing. Is it still possible that some bacteria are growing in the vial? I’m not sure whether my symptoms are caused by T or by the carrier oil.

I just received a vial of test e (250 mg/ml) and T250 10 x 1 ml ampoules from two other brands so I’ll ditch the old brand from my next pin onwards. Hope it’ll turn out well.

I actually feel worse while on cycle than before the cycle. Given all these symptoms I’ve experienced, does that mean I have shitty genetics and my body just doesn’t respond to test well? :cry:

No I didn’t say bacteria because if you get a bacterial infection you are in serious trouble and you’ll know.
I said pyrogens. These are molecules that induce fever, but are not living organisms. In the pharmaceutical industry there’s tests for this, for example you inject rabbits, if they get fever, it will be thrown away. I don’t think UGL will do that.

Good idea! Hopefully it resolves.

I don’t think this is caused by the substance testosterone itself. Maybe downward effects coinciding with something else, but not just test.

2 Likes

Thanks for your explanations, really appreciate it. I’ll monitor my body’s response to the new gear over the next week. Will update here again soon. : )

1 Like

Update: I switched to another brand of test e at the same concentration (300 mg/ml). Although I also have test e 250 on hand, I decided to try out the 300 mg/ml one first to see if my body response was due to the concentration of the test.

What I noticed so far over the last 3 days:

• PIP becomes negligible even though the new gear contains ethyl oleate (previously I’ve suffered from painful PIP for 7 weeks)
  • blood pressure is still high (hypertension stage 1) - E2 issue? (I take arimidex at 0.5 mg E3D since I pin E3D at 500 mg/wk. Guess it isn’t enough?)
  • acne increases including scalp acne (I’ve been very prone to acne since puberty)
  • night sweats as usual every night
  • libido going up slowly (previous almost no libido over the 7 weeks)
  • no more lethargic feeling
  • no more fever or even elevated body temperature (previously my body temperatures were always between 37.0 °C and 37.8 °C, now it’s constantly below 37.0 °C)
  • falling asleep at night becomes easier
  • generally no longer have the sick feeling I had for the first 7 weeks of the cycle

That was just 2 days after switching to a new brand. Will continue to monitor over the next few days. Can’t believe I’ve injected dirty gear in myself for 7 weeks.

So here’s my concern:

• It is now virtually certain that my previous gear was pyrogenic, contaminated, of poor quality and might contain trace amounts of such substances. Do pyrogens cause harm to my long-term health, given that I’ve used pyrogen-containing gear for 7 weeks?
  • Due to the low quality gear I’ve used, my body has been constantly fighting off the pyrogens by increasing white blood cells, instead of growing muscles. I guess it was because of that my progress on this cycle has been stagnant/slow. Is it advisable to increase my cycle length from 12 (originally planned) to 14 weeks?
  • My week 7 blood work also shows a very high prolactin. What would have caused that? I’ve asked a doctor about this and he was not sure either.

Thanks!