Help With Blood Test Results

Hi. I just got back some really screwy blood test results and I’m very worried. I was wondering if people could tell me what they mean and what they could be from.

My T3 was very low. What does this mean about my metabolism?

My BUN (blood urea nitrogen) was also very high. My doc said this means muscle is being broken down. Could it also just mean that I’m burning protein for energy? (My diet tends to be very high in protein and lower in carbs and fats)

My lipase was very high. Does this mean my pancreas can’t break down fats?

Thanks!

Cy Willson wrote an article entitled something like Tell Me the Truth Doc: How Long Do I Got. Do some searches with those terms and you should find what you are looking for.

Numbers are needed or at least indication in terms of the amount of times the upper limit of normal.

Without a basic hx of the situation we can look for hours at the tall list of differential diagnosis.

Did you come in for a random test and got lipase done? I imagine LFTs accompanied that test (ALT/AST/Alk. Phos/GGT)Creatinine with the BUN and and a random glucose.

Medicine is a bit more complicated then saying my VCR light flashes 12:00 on and off what’s that!

Just a wee bit info would be appreciated.

AlexH

[quote]sarah1 wrote:
Hi. I just got back some really screwy blood test results and I’m very worried. I was wondering if people could tell me what they mean and what they could be from.

My T3 was very low. What does this mean about my metabolism?

My BUN (blood urea nitrogen) was also very high. My doc said this means muscle is being broken down. Could it also just mean that I’m burning protein for energy? (My diet tends to be very high in protein and lower in carbs and fats)

My lipase was very high. Does this mean my pancreas can’t break down fats?

Thanks![/quote]