Help with Blood Results After 12 Week Cycle

Honestly guys, thanks so much for your input.

I am going to run a (delayed) PCT, just the way my luck is that my source has no stock at the moment.

@yubs @iron_yuppie I stand corrected. Thank you both for setting me straight. My google-fu was letting me down. I was only finding things like this:
GYNECOMASTIA TREATMENT

The best treatment for gynecomastia depends upon its cause, duration, and severity and whether it causes pain or discomfort.

Adolescents ā€” Because pubertal gynecomastia usually goes away on its own, treatment is not usually recommended initially. Instead, the provider will watch for changes in size for several months. In most cases, pubertal gynecomastia resolves during that time.

For boys with severe gynecomastia that is causing substantial tenderness or embarrassment, a short course of a drug called tamoxifen (sample brand name: Nolvadex) or raloxifene (brand name: Evista) may be recommended. These drugs block the effects of estrogen in the body and can reduce the size of the breasts somewhat. However, neither of these drugs is approved in the United States for the treatment of gynecomastia. Drugs may be prescribed without US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval, although the risks and benefits have not been studied completely.

Adult men ā€” Treatment is not usually recommended in adult men whose gynecomastia is likely to be caused by an underlying health problem or by drugs. In these men, treating the underlying condition or stopping the problematic drug usually allows the gynecomastia to resolve.

For men with idiopathic gynecomastia that causes discomfort and lasts more than three months, a short course (three to six months) of tamoxifen or raloxifene may be recommended.

Prostate cancer patients ā€” Gynecomastia is a common complication of hormonal treatment for prostate cancer (androgen deprivation therapy or antiandrogen monotherapy). However, there are treatment options available to prevent the development of gynecomastia, including tamoxifen and radiation therapy. (See ā€œPatient education: Treatment for advanced prostate cancer (Beyond the Basics)ā€.)

Tamoxifen ā€” Tamoxifen can be taken along with the hormonal anti-prostate cancer treatment (androgen deprivation or antiandrogen monotherapy). Tamoxifen must be taken every day for the duration of antiandrogen treatment. In one study, only 8 percent of men who took an antiandrogen plus tamoxifen developed gynecomastia (compared with 68 percent of men who took the antiandrogen alone) [2].

Tamoxifen may also be given to men who develop gynecomastia while taking antiandrogens.

Radiation therapy ā€” Treating the breasts with radiation before antiandrogen treatment begins can prevent gynecomastia in some men. Radiation treatment is usually delivered in one to three sessions (similar to having an X-ray). In the study above, 34 percent of men who had radiation treatment before antiandrogen therapy developed gynecomastia [2].

Gynecomastia that has already developed can be treated with higher radiation doses and may improve pain. However, when given after breasts have already developed, radiation is not very effective at reducing breast size.

Radiation therapy versus tamoxifen ā€” Although tamoxifen is more effective than radiation for men who take antiandrogen monotherapy, tamoxifen must be taken for the duration of antiandrogen therapy. For some men, taking one to three sessions of radiation therapy is more convenient.

2 Likes

Quite literally all you had to do was type ā€˜nolvadex stimulates lhā€™ and page after page of studies would have popped up.

Itā€™s fine, man. Weā€™re all here to learn. Weā€™re also a bunch of dudes with high levels of testosterone and the desire to prove something to other people. So this sort of thing is bound to happen.

3 Likes

Ainā€™t that the truth!

No worries brother, weā€™re all here to learn from each other too. Donā€™t sweat it.

I have some Nolvadex coming, would you advise running anything alongside. I think Clomid can make you emotional, and with my low E2 I am not sure that would be wise.

I originally planned on running Nolva for 4 weeks PCT. would this still be the correct time, even though I have bodged it a bit being nearly 8 weeks since last pin.

Just run your 4 week nolvadex pct, then a few weeks after you finish get blood work done again and see where your sitting.

Thanks a lot mate, Iā€™ll stick with the tried and tested 40/40/20/20.

1 Like

Should I take tamoxifen 40mg in one go all in the morning, or should i split the dose 20mg morning and 20mg night? And when I drop to 10mg should i cut the 20mg pill for 10mg morning/night. Does it matter?

The half life is 5-7 days so I donā€™t think youā€™d need to split the dose.

Thanks mate, so I can just take 40mg in the morning and there is no advantage splitting the dosage.

Hi all,

Just a follow up to this, I have had more comprehensive bloods done and have the following readings

I have almost completed my (delayed) PCT and I think most levels are ok now - LH is high, I hope someone can help advise on that. My Test and E2 look ok - should I continue PCT, I am due to finish in 7 days.
I am still suffering with anxiety and jealousy, things I have not really had before. My prolactin levels are off the chart, I have been on mirtazipine antidepressants since Jan and obviously have the tamoxifen in my system, could either of these cause this and would such elevated prolactin levels cause anxiety?

What did you use for pct? Dosages and frequency?

Can you trust your LH and FSH levels while on PCT drugs? Donā€™t they stimulate the testis by simulating those two hormones?

If you are taking anastrozole I am surprised your prolactin is so high. Your E2 seems to have come down from your cycle. If your prolactin is still high on your next bloods I ask for Cabergoline its the number 1 drug to reduce prolactin.

No no no. Serms dont work that way. Your talking about hcg. Hcg mimics LH and stimulates the testis into production. Serms block e2 from the hypothalamus so it signals the pituitary into producing actual LH. He now needs to stabilize and check levels again later to see if he is standing on his own two feet.

iron_yuppie posted this above.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

A Vermeulen and F Comhaire, Fertility and sterility , Mar 1978

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with ā€œidiopathicā€ oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

Just 4 weeks Tamoxifen 40/40/20/20 I am into my last week now.

Gotcha. Well there you go. No MORE studies needed. Stonecold79 has proved that nolvadex alone can kick start your gonadal axis.

sorry hrdlvn, i am not on anastrozole, i meant tamoxifen, got confused.