T Nation

Help With Bench 1RM

I have recently began focusing on my woefull bench press. I had never used bands or chains in any program before so I decided to start with Dave Tate’s “Big Bad Bench” program.
My previous best bench was 155kg for 2 reps at a BW of 118kg (I am 196cm tall) approx. 5 weeks ago.
I started the program the very next week and have been doing it for 4 weeks now.
The thing is that yesterday I hit 174kg for a single 3 board press which was an amazing feeling, loved pushing that extra 20kg’s.
The main thing I am asking (other than bragging a little about my PR) is that now my bench has obviously increased a great deal, would I now have to recalculate my 1RM for the 45%, 50% band and chain presses on DE days?

No, don’t recalculate you percents yet. Wait until the end of the cycle to start changing up the weights you use on the D/E day. Nice work on the PR!

[quote]buckeye75 wrote:
No, don’t recalculate you percents yet. Wait until the end of the cycle to start changing up the weights you use on the D/E day. Nice work on the PR![/quote]

Cool, Thanks…