T Nation

Help with Apa Squats in March

sorry about another squat question but here it is. I have a APA powerlifting meet comming up in march. it will be my second time doing fullpower. The guys i lift with say my squats look ok but i have been with them for 2 years so im just looking for some other people to look at it so I dont get red lighted. I just did two vids. at 225 ( im not doing squat day till friday but wanted to make sure im good ) thanks for the help guys

[quote]kevin3754 wrote:
sorry about another squat question but here it is. I have a APA powerlifting meet comming up in march. it will be my second time doing fullpower. The guys i lift with say my squats look ok but i have been with them for 2 years so im just looking for some other people to look at it so I dont get red lighted. I just did two vids. at 225 ( im not doing squat day till friday but wanted to make sure im good ) thanks for the help guys[/quote]

I can’t see the video but I would repost a video from your actual squat session with atleast 90%. I don’t know what your actual Max is but you say 225 like its a warm up weight. Your form with 225 and your form with 90-95% could be much different… unless 225 is 90% in which case ignore this.

I competed in an APA meet in 2011, a small meet in New Jersey, they weren’t terribly strict, but from the angle your showing in the vid I would say you are definitely high and not at parallel by at least a few inches, but again it could be the angle in which you are videoing it from. Get a side view of your squat and it would be easier to tell.

Agree with Reed, Video your opener from the side and we could definitely get a better idea

That’s What I thought about being high. My hip crease is at the top of my knee at best. When I squat again ill repost. Thanks for your help

IMO…you are high.

I would say it was high as well.