Help with a Unique Medical Condition

[quote]amphibian wrote:
First, IV Sodium Thiopental followed by Pancuronium Bromide and finally Potassium Chloride.[/quote]

This. But only if you are Republican.

thanks bushidobadboy … well the aim of transspenoidal surgery is never to take
out the whole pituitary … just as much as they can while preserving as much function as
possible… hypopituitarisim is a complication of the surgery not a desired effect it occurs
when they take out too much of the gland …

also on mri scan no residual tissue is present…
so further surgery is not going to be fruitful. . well testosterone increases prolactin
by increasing estrogen that then increase prolactin actually… tamoxifen does not work
and arimidex is not available here … if i increase test than my prolactin and estrogen are
so high(i always do serum assays) that any positive effects are totally null and void.

This thread is like a seminar on “Anabolic Endocrinology”. Some good stuff being posted. I could read BBB and the OP go back and forth all day! This shit is sweet! By the way, sorry for your condition, OP. I really hope u can get the fix figured out.

[quote]Hazmaticus wrote:
This thread is like a seminar on “Anabolic Endocrinology”. Some good stuff being posted. I could read BBB and the OP go back and forth all day! This shit is sweet! By the way, sorry for your condition, OP. I really hope u can get the fix figured out.[/quote]

Agreed, I was making jokes at his expense, and I don’t want to make light of the situation as it sounds. Sorry dude.

ok bushidobadboy well sorry if i sound confusing
1:Mostly the treatmentment of prolactinoma is medical(not surgical),i underwent
surgery because the tumor was massive surrounding the internal carotids and pressing the
optic chiasma.

2:in surgery what they do is to take out as much of the tumor as possible simultaneously
preserving the ant pituitary as much as possible.(one can not differentiate between
normal tissue or the tumor on the operation table)

3:the remaining pituitary has of course some prolactin producing cells left so that where
the prolactin comes from but there is no visible tumor on MRI.

4:normally that prolactin can be easily controlled by drugs(not in my case)

5:i cannot up the dose of cabergoline as it causes mitral valve calcification in
high doses.

6:i am under treatment of a qualified endo … but as i am also a doctor so he usually
listens to me …if i tell him we should try this or that i can usually convince him.
hope it clarifies some of ur questions.

[quote]Hazmaticus wrote:
Some good stuff being posted. [/quote]

Nah, not really…funny though. Or sad if you ponder the impotent consultation skills of this “physician” and wonder where else he’s sought opinions that may have impacted his patients.

hope my patients do not get impacted by my impotency … lol