Help with a Keto Diet Plan

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

[quote]mtwelve51 wrote:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3371[/quote]

I just want to add that I did this diet over the summer and it is NOT a keto diet. It is a very low carb diet. The details are in the book.[/quote]

Ah, I wasn’t aware there was a difference between a keto diet and a diet with no carbs.

I did this over the summer as well and lost about 25 lbs in 2 months.[/quote]

A keto diet doesn’t have carbs except for some intentional fiber intake from non-starchy veggies.

[quote]waelkd wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]waelkd wrote:

[quote]Ironlion23 wrote:
Salmon,bacon, macadameia nut oil, a fiber supplement such as metamucil. If you really wanted you could add in chromium picolinate, and vandyl sulfate but do your research on those before you use them. The main thing is lowest carbs possible and deffinitly stay under 28 grams per day make sure you check the protein you use because it can contain a small amount of carbs but a few scoops a day can add up.[/quote]

a question, would u guys recommend such a diet for a thaiboxer? keeping in mind thaoboxing is an aerobic sport not like weightlifting anaerobic[/quote]

You can do it, but you better adjust your training for it.

I wouldn’t do it for anything other than to lose bodyweight very quickly for an athlete. [/quote]

i dont understand, what do u mean [/quote]

There’s a risk of ruining performance, and most serious athletes engage in so much damn activity that reduction in weight can happen easily with some plain old caloric reduction. Not so for the rest of us who either a) don’t want to wait to lose weight; b) don’t have hours and hours to burn fat off quickly; or c) don’t have to worry about performance AS MUCH.

If you’re so interested in what we mean, why not read some articles and books on ketogenic dieting?

[quote]mtwelve51 wrote:

[quote]mtwelve51 wrote:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3371[/quote]

I just want to add that I did this diet over the summer and it is NOT a keto diet. It is a very low carb diet. The details are in the book.[/quote]

Ah, I wasn’t aware there was a difference between a keto diet and a diet with no carbs.

I did this over the summer as well and lost about 25 lbs in 2 months.[/quote]

Well if it’s true that fat must be at 60-70%…Apparently there is…protein was pretty high on this diet, and fat was low/moderate, and there didn’t appear to be any restrictions on pb /nut intake within your fat allotment. Ketosis isn’t the goal of the diet.

Correct me if I’m wrong, could be splitting hairs.[/quote]

You are correct, he states in the book that full ketosis isn’t necessary for fat loss and that is not the goal of the program. I guess I tend to use the terms keto diet and zero carb diet interchangeably.[/quote]

NO specific macronutrient recommendation is necessary for fat loss.

And the literature review I always point everyone to as a starting point.

And here’s what Dr. Phinney writes here too about keto dieting:

“At the other end of the spectrum, higher protein intakes have the potential for negative side-effects if intake of this nutrient exceeds 25% of daily energy expenditure. One concern with higher levels of protein intake is the suppression of ketogenesis relative to an equi-caloric amount of fat (assuming that ketones are a beneficial adaptation to whole body fuel homeostasis). In addition, Stefansson describes a malady known by the Inuit as rabbit malaise [8]. This problem would occur in the early spring when very lean rabbits were the only available game, when people might be tempted to eat too much protein in the absence of an alternative source of dietary fat. The symptoms were reported to occur within a week, and included headache and lassitude. Such symptoms are not uncommon among people who casually undertake a ‘low carbohydrate, high protein’ diet.”

Anyone who tried the Rapid Fat Loss diet knows what he means by “rabbit malaise”.

[quote]waelkd wrote:

[quote]Ironlion23 wrote:
I wouldn’t recomend a keto approch to boxing you need to have good stamina and strength. The use of good carbs would really help to keep up energy levels during training and matches. Sometimes when I run a keto diet I feel kinda out of it and can’t think super qucik so this might not be a great idea when someone is trying to kick you in the head.[/quote]

this wont be a problem, i wont be competing anytime soon, west asia tournament isnt until late march.

but the thing , i know carbs r impo for aerobic sports ,bcuz w eneed the instant energy, using keto would supply me with the instasnt energy i need while sparring/fighting?[/quote]

What do you mean by “instant”?

I have just finished a Keto diet, I only ran it for 30 days but lost about 10lbs and kept my strength. My strength endurance wasn’t as good but overall it was great for dropping fat.

I did a CKD diet while for someone like yourself boxing I’d maybe recommend a TKD Targeted Keto Diet which would mean you take in carbs before your workout and I think straight after and the rest of the time you have 60-70% fat, 30% protein, give of take.

Read anything by Lyle McDonald - especially his book The Ketogenic Diet which gives you everything you possible need to implement, plan, train for your Keto diet.

[quote]waelkd wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Yeah, for a fee. Or you can read the hundreds or perhaps thousands of articles and books on the subject and design one for yourself and THEN ask us for SOME assitance.

A keto diet is 60 to 70 percent fat and the rest protein. Figure it out. [/quote]

do u even know what u talking about? 70% fat ?? and what 30% protien?? and i guess we dont consider taking any carbs right.

if u dont have something usefull to say just shut it !![/quote]

ha ha ha seriously lol

This was my thread - amazing what a little research can do -

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/ckd_transformation_the_journey_begins?id=4098626&pageNo=0

[quote]CrossTraining wrote:
I have just finished a Keto diet, I only ran it for 30 days but lost about 10lbs and kept my strength. My strength endurance wasn’t as good but overall it was great for dropping fat.

I did a CKD diet while for someone like yourself boxing I’d maybe recommend a TKD Targeted Keto Diet which would mean you take in carbs before your workout and I think straight after and the rest of the time you have 60-70% fat, 30% protein, give of take.

Read anything by Lyle McDonald - especially his book The Ketogenic Diet which gives you everything you possible need to implement, plan, train for your Keto diet.

[/quote]

srry for the late reply, havnt started dieting yet, but the tkd diet seems promising , onen question though , 2 questions actually, carbs r only to be taken b4 training only or b4 and after??

and 2nd question what carbs you recommend low glycemic or high??

anyways still doin readings on the keto diet interesting indeed, but amazing how an extra bite or 2 can include couple hundred extra calories