Help With 16 Year Old Training?

Hey guys. I just stalled on madcows… and was wondering what I should do next?

Another cycle…? any suggestions would be great

Bench 210x2, squat 325x3, deadlift 320x5

5’7" 180

5/3/1

What’s your eating like? Are you too fat or too skinny?

solid numbers, 5/3/1

I’m around 16% BF I think, and I’ve actually been eating pretty bad for the past week. Got off of my routine of eating a lot after vacation.

And honestly, I’ve been thinking about 5/3/1, but do you guys really think it’s the best to progress on? I feel like I could progress like 10 lbs on bench a month instead of 5… or even 7.5lbs…

Anyway, I’ll probably do it, but should I do the original or the for powerlifting one?

++ am I allowed to go up more than 5 lbs?

[quote]csp wrote:
I’m around 16% BF I think, and I’ve actually been eating pretty bad for the past week. Got off of my routine of eating a lot after vacation.

And honestly, I’ve been thinking about 5/3/1, but do you guys really think it’s the best to progress on? I feel like I could progress like 10 lbs on bench a month instead of 5… or even 7.5lbs…

Anyway, I’ll probably do it, but should I do the original or the for powerlifting one?

++ am I allowed to go up more than 5 lbs?[/quote]

It’s an awesome program. I ran it for about 8 months and got crazy strong off of it. Now that I’ve realized that I needed a more “football-specific” program, I switched to WS4SB, which is awesome as well.

I’m almost a mirror image of you (same age, height, weight), but I’m a bit stronger and leaner.

As far as progressing goes, it’s slow and steady on 5/3/1. People bitch about it being too slow and then they stop only 3 cycles in, then they complain about how it didn’t do shit for them. Those are the weak, undedicated ones. If you really want to get strong, then I definitely recommend the program. Spend the $20 and get it. You won’t be sorry.

Luke

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

It’s an awesome program. I ran it for about 8 months and got crazy strong off of it. Now that I’ve realized that I needed a more “football-specific” program, I switched to WS4SB, which is awesome as well.

I’m almost a mirror image of you (same age, height, weight), but I’m a bit stronger and leaner.

As far as progressing goes, it’s slow and steady on 5/3/1. People bitch about it being too slow and then they stop only 3 cycles in, then they complain about how it didn’t do shit for them. Those are the weak, undedicated ones. If you really want to get strong, then I definitely recommend the program. Spend the $20 and get it. You won’t be sorry.

Luke [/quote]

I guess I’ll do it then. I wouldn’t mind benching 260+ this time next year.

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that the reason your bench is lagging is because you aren’t getting enough volume with the madcow 5x5 program. I have heard of similar things happening on 5/3/1. If you really want to improve your bench, I would recommend WS4SB3, where you are benching twice a week. But I’m not expert, so don’t listen to me if you don’t want.

i do 5/3/1 and bench twice a week, do it with the boring but big assistance work(5 sets of 10) bench is sky rocketing after platueing at around 315, in one cycle i went from doing 285x3, to doing 285x6 consistently. i highly recommend it. I know when i was in high school and playing ball, my coach never had us do any body weight stuff, dips pull ups chin ups, or any row. i do them more frequently now and it has helped every facet of my athletic ability. just in case your not doing them now, you should definetly start