Help w/ Program to Get Big, Stay Strong?

Hi, this year i’ve focus on strength… my gains have been…mmm… moderate to poor, but at least I improve a little. The thing is that I want to get big now, without losing my precious gains in strength :slight_smile: so… what do you think about this program:

A Push
Front Squat 5x10
Decline DB bench press 5x10
Lateral Raises 5x10
Dips (Focusing on triceps) 5x10
Standing calf raises 5x10

B Pull
Stiff legged deadlift 5x10
Chin ups 5x10
Rear Delt Row 5x10
Incline DB bicep curls 5x10

C1 Push (strength)
Back Squat 8x3
Bench Press 8x3
Military Press 8x3

C2 Pull (strength)
Deadlift 8x3
Bent Over Barbell Row 8x3

Mondays
Reverse Crunch 3x15
Weighted Crunch 3x10

Fridays
Saxon Bends 3x10
Windmills 3x10

So… it would look like this

Monday 1: Abs and Workout A (Push)
Wednesday 1: Workout B (Pull)
Friday 1: Abs and Workout C1 (Push strength)

Monday 2: Abs and Workout B (Pull)
Wednesday 2: Workout A (Push)
Friday 2: Abs and Workout C2 (Pull strength)

And so on…

I think that is fine, but I hope that someone more experienced give me piece of advice, I don’t wanna expend the next tree months in something that, probably, won’t work so tell me if you see something wrong with it. Thanks!

If you’re going to do a push/pull, maybe hit the gym 4x each week. If that’s possible. So:

Mon: push (8x3)
Tues: pull (5x10)
wed: off/whatever
Thur: push (5x10)
Fri: Pull (8x3)
sat and sun: off/whatever

Some things to think about:
-no unilateral leg work in there. If you’re hitting it 4xweek, it might be worth your time to hit up some unilateral stuff.
-For you pull (strength) days add some weighted chins or pull ups.

There was a program posted over at EliteFTS this past week that’s designed for people to get stronger and bigger. Check it out.
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_ready.htm

Also, keep in mind that your size gains depend on your diet. Anything will work in the gym as long as you put in the intensity and consistent effort, but you won’t get bigger unless you’re eating like you want to.

[quote]boyscout wrote:
If you’re going to do a push/pull, maybe hit the gym 4x each week. If that’s possible. So:

Mon: push (8x3)
Tues: pull (5x10)
wed: off/whatever
Thur: push (5x10)
Fri: Pull (8x3)
sat and sun: off/whatever

Some things to think about:
-no unilateral leg work in there. If you’re hitting it 4xweek, it might be worth your time to hit up some unilateral stuff.
-For you pull (strength) days add some weighted chins or pull ups.

There was a program posted over at EliteFTS this past week that’s designed for people to get stronger and bigger. Check it out.
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/getting_ready.htm

Also, keep in mind that your size gains depend on your diet. Anything will work in the gym as long as you put in the intensity and consistent effort, but you won’t get bigger unless you’re eating like you want to.[/quote]

I checked out this site and read through it and think that its what you are looking for.

The elitefts program looks like just the ticket.

Your program is fine as well btw just keep abs to once a week.