Help w/ Dieting, Losing Bodyfat!

dieting has always been my weakest point! to be absolutly honest, whenever i have dieted before i have simply cut my calorie intake drasticaly and lost fat that way but its always resulted in me feeling constantly drained and tired all of the time which s not the way to go if im training hard 6 days a week! i have just come off a bulking cycle and have made quite good progress but i need to concentrate on shedding my bodyfat as im at around 23% which although my upper body is muscular and fairly toned, my mid section lets me down! i need to lose a lot of bodyfat whilst maintaining my gains if possible. can anyone advise on a good food plan, what to eat, when to eat etc etc… i need to totally change the way i eat to get this right so any help is greatly appreciated! here is an example of what i eat per day it never really changes much…

breakfast: bowl of cereal+ niutragrain bar
10am: subway sandwhich roast turkey breast and ham with salad and carton of apple juice.
12 noon: muller light youghurt
3pm: nuitragrain bar
5pm:TRAINING
6.30pm: dinner comprises of mainly proteins such as tuna on baked potatoes or omlettes etc…
9pm: bowl of cereal

i drink plenty of water or diluted sugar free juice and also have 3 protein shakes throughout the day.
now for a bit about me!
im 25 years old, 6ft4", 40"waist, 55"chest, 24" shoulder to shoulder, 19" neck, 19" arms, 28" thighs. as i say my upper body is well toned and looks fine but its my stomache and ‘love handles’ that i need rid of!

cereal=crap
nutrigrain bar=crap
subway=crap (sometimes i eat it as oppose to starving myself or eating “fast food”)
apple juice=sugar

Looking at your post history, I think you are a complete waste of time.

Yeah, going on the crank before you know shit about dieting is just about the most foolish thing I’ve heard in a bit.

But to be helpful as I can be:

All your food is crap. At this point if it did not have parents (meat, eggs) and it is not green (veggies) you should not be eating it. But if it does qualify you should eat it 5 times per day.

All the faggy (sorry, but it’s true) cereals and nutribars in the world are all just sugar and estrogen. Quite drinking juice of any sort. Just drink water when your thirsty or get some green, rooibos or mate tea.

Also, read one of the 3 thousand articles on eating on the site. Come on, CT just wrote a great one that will work fine.

Quit the sugar. Quit the roids. Quit not reading the articles.

-chris

Wow, tons of carbs and sugars. Dont take your diet advice from Subway Ads. With so many great trainersz writing articles for this site, how the hell did you come up with that crap?! Makes me wonder how successful your ‘bulk’ was in terms of real quality muscle gains.

S

to be honest i only eat it coz its just quick food on the go. i wasnt asking any advice on steroids, if i wanted that i would go to the steroids part of this site, all i was asking for was some honest good advice on a good fat burning diet such as what to eat and when to keep energy levels up and burn a lot of fat. please do no reply if all you intend on doing is slating me, it doesnt help anyone! i welcome all helpfull coments and advice.

There is a search button at the top of the page. Read, research, then come up with a plan that isn’t total crap. Most of the guys here who know what they’re talking about aren’t going to spoon feed you everything.

[quote]
breakfast: bowl of cereal+ niutragrain bar
10am: subway sandwhich roast turkey breast and ham with salad and carton of apple juice.
12 noon: muller light youghurt
3pm: nuitragrain bar
5pm:TRAINING
6.30pm: dinner comprises of mainly proteins such as tuna on baked potatoes or omlettes etc…
9pm: bowl of cereal[/quote]

Go buy a pre-made chicken from the grocery store, take the skin off and combine oatmeal with chicken, eggs with chicken, peanut butter with chicken. Drop the cereals and the bars. Eat nuts “on the go” instead of nutrigrain bars and yogurt.

A whole chicken is like 7 bucks. Eggs are your friend, milk in some cases.

thanks mikib, very helpfull!!! this is the kinda info i was after. you really have been a great help with such a simple reply!

I’m no massive bodybuilder (just started), but here are some “quick fix” ideas. I’m out of the house from 8am to almost 8pm, so these ideas still get me results:

1.) I take a bag with me to work. In that bag is tupperware full of Metabolic Drive. Do that with your favorite whey. Do the same for your pre-workout powder (Surge for me) if you hit the gym directly after work.
2.) Take nuts with you in a bag.
3.) Replace your entree’s sides with steamed veggies at lunch. Grilled chicken + veggies = winning combo.
3.) If you have a fridge at work, take yogurt/cottage cheese with you in a lunch bag.
4.) Apples with peanut butter, grapes, or bananas. All of these are easy to take with you.

Just some suggestions so you can have healthy snacks while out of the house. No more NutriGrain bars please!

EDIT: If you’re short on time, replace your cereal with microwaved eggs! They don’t taste too good, but a bowl of 3-4 scrambled eggs takes 2-3 minutes to nuke. Might lose some nutritional value, though…not sure.

thanks for your reply. also very helpfull. giving me some good ideas for food o the go!