T Nation

Help w/ Bodyweight Exercises

Hi, I’m Steven. Little background info: 5’6", 160 lbs 8% BF, just got back in the house after a house fire(was out for 5 months). Prior to this, I was 180 lbs with about 12% BF and little care for nutrition or performance.

I’m 19 years old, and since I was living in a hotel room with nowhere to lift at the time except the upright chest press machine and lat pulldown at the hotel(oh, and the stairmaster), I started doing research on bodyweight exercises.

I have discovered some strength skills that I would definitely like to be able to do, however. . . I don’t want to be some super small(even for my stature) dude just to be able to do them. So. . .

I read up Coach Thib’s Renaissance Body Developing article and it gave me some ideas, but, to keep this from getting longer, I want to be able to do planche pushups, hold a front lever, do handbalancing skills, and do one arm chins while having good speed and vertical leap and being as big and lean as possible while doing them.

This is very farfetched, I know, but since I am relatively new to all of this(training, diet, etc.)I have no idea what to even think and if someone could help me figure out how to do all of this I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for any input anyone can give.

Take a gymnastics class.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Take a gymnastics class.[/quote]

+1. I know a gymnast and he pretty much ticks all the boxes you asked for. 1 arm chin+35lbs, 5 front lever pull ups, 20 second front lever, Iron cross, inverted cross, 4.7 (electric) 40, 32 inch vert, 405 deadlift, yeah, so basically, do gymnastics.

Go to RossTraining.Com.

Thanks guys!