Help w/ Bloodwork: Thyroid, Adrenals, Anemia, etc

@hrdlvn you do subq or im?

Currently on 70mg x 2 a week so 140mg Test Cyp. This will put my mid-way (not trough) total T at around 1200 (250-1100) and my free T around 220 (35-155) and my E2 in the 50s. No AI or SERM.

Previous to that I ran 60mg EOD (210mg a week) for about 8 weeks along with 10mg a day of tamoxifen. Draw was on a non shot day but hardly a trough:

Total Test: 1998 (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free Test: 457.5 (35 - 155)
Estradiol,ultrasensitive, LC/MS: 96 (< OR=29 pg/mL)
Hematocrit: 43.6 (38.5 - 50)

I feel better at the lower dosage all around. I didnt feel BAD at the higher dosage just not as good. My coach told me I wasnt really buying myself anything at that increased dosage so I backed off.

Hey man. You do subq?

Me? Yes. Right in the belly.

1 Like

Yes I sub Q in the love handles for TRT and Blasting. Zero PIP never a lump or redness.

I don’t understand this. I tried to pin in my “love handle” yesterday. Ow dude. The belly a couple of inches from the navel is way more comfortable for me.

This is how I felt when my thyroid was jacked. I started t4/t3 pills and within a couple hours this fatigue dissipated.

I was on trt for 3 months and nothing worked. When the thyroid was fixed it all came together.

Go take thyroid bloods check free t3 . Tsh doesn’t mean much and t4 either. You want optimal t3 in the system to feel the beneficial effects .

Do you pinch up a wad of skin to get it off the oblique muscles and just inject in the dead space just under the skin? I will pinch up and set the needle on my skin if I feel no needle prick feel I push it in. O pain.

I tries to just inject without pinching, super sensitive there for some reason. I am known for not really feeling pain so it was a surprise.

I really don’t have love handles anymore so I have to pullup skin or I will hit muscle.

@enackers
I posted my blood work on the first post. Would you mind taking a look at the thyroid portion and let me know what you think? The tests are randomly spread out so it’s not all on one page or in order unfortunately but it’s there.

@hrdlvn
I remember watching Dr Crissler’s old YouTube vids and went off of his technique. He said don’t pinch so I don’t but I’m not sure how much of a difference pinching makes. Using a 30g 1cc easy touch insulin syringe I don’t even feel it.

I use a 27ga 1/2" easy touch and if I don’t pullup skin I hit my oblique muscle. I don’t really have love handle anymore so to stay subQ I have to lift. I have no idea why a doc would say lifting up the skin would be harmful or not work. I’ve got 5 years at 3 times a week calling that statement bullshit.

Yes I saw this. I don’t know enough about al the thyroid hormones to give you a helpful response. @systemlord does though and can fill in the blanks

How long have you been on it and
How do you feel?

If not great you could drop free t a tiny bit. I noticed when I was super high t and free t I didn’t fee much better but when I lowered it I felt good.

For the thyroid it jsut creates energy and helps my brain fog . No more fatigue.

Libido muscle and everything else Trt does is working now.

It took about a month after thyroid for Trt to start making big effects

@enackers
My libido is like a 16 yr old home alone in the 90’s on Saturday night with Cinemax on blast. No problem with libido if anything it might be too much. Muscle-wise I’ve made some great gains so happy there as well. Your response about fatigue being fixed with thyroid is really good news and gives me some hope.

TRT-wise I have benefits from it but the underlying problem was there before trt. I was hoping TRT was the end all answer but it wasn’t. From everything I’ve read my symptoms are more in line with thyroid/adrenals. And maybe @systemlord will have a better idea about this but I have trouble with sleep (waking up several times) and my spine feels cold, in the first 1/3 of the day I feel like I have a hangover. No energy, drive, brain fog-ish feeling, just not feeling great, etc. As the day goes by it gets a little more manageable but still bad. I feel the best at the end of the day but like I said still bad. It’s the energy part that really gets me. Before all this I had great energy and was very driven. It’s frustrating not knowing what’s wrong. @systemlord do you have a recommendation on a starting dose for Armour? I don’t mean specific to my situation as you would have no way of really knowing but I’m asking more of in general. Thank you so much

I woud expect thyroid to cause those issues. It’s worth the try. I would take what the doc suggest. It’s easy to realize if you are taking to much. Well for me it was.

MCH and MCV is closer to the bottom and can indicate iron deficiency once closer to the bottom, you’re not there yet but TRT can deplete iron, magnesium etc. I started TRT with iron and vitamin D deficiency which may have been why my testosterone was low in the first place.

Started TRT and the higher I went (>400 ng/dL), the worse I felt because iron was already deficient which causes IBS, slowed bowel movements increasing estrogen and then edema swelling in the brain, organs and legs. It’s called iron deficiency without anemia.

I would want my iron and ferritin a little higher if I were you.

Thyroid dosing isn’t my specialty, sorry.

@systemlord
I just started supplementing Iron today. I bought Ferrets Iron ferrous fumarate which ends up being 106mg elemental iron. I’m taking 2 a day spread out at different times (I read 200mg/day is the max you should take). I’m hoping it helps. Thank you for the advice.

Glad I could help.

@dextermorgan Hey man I’ve seen you on here enough to know you’re in a much better place than you were when you posted this.

Do you have an update on your labs (that include Iron panel)?

What would you say was beneficial for you getting your health back? I’m pretty desperate or I wouldn’t be on a forum looking for answers.

What’s your opinion on these Iron labs?

• Ferritin : 104 (30-400)
  • Iron : 71 (38-169)
  • TIBC : 346 (250-450)
  • UIBC : 275 (111-343)
  • I ron Saturation % : 21% (15-55)