T Nation

Help w/ Active Recovery Week

First of let me say, I am new to the site and apologize if this is in the wrong section. I have been training 7 days a week non stop, obviously been doing neural charge. my question is what would be better: liss cardio for one week no weights or liss cardio with resistance bands training? The reason I ask this is because of my thoughts behind the second option.

See my thinking process behind this is that, if I were to do a 45min cardio and then directly after do a resistance band training, the resistance band would give enough resistance to still enhance insulin sensitivity with in the muscles, so basically maximal uptake of glycogen to create a better p-ratio.

Please comment

Generally deload weeks still involve lifting, just at a lower % of max.

Out of curiosity how much do you weigh?

I weigh 140lb, i know not a lot but i have been focusing on body recomp. I did a deload not long a go of some sort, i used that week to focus on capillary growth. I would do it again but the thing is, i am making the transfer from a so called mass to a weight loss. see i am trying a new sort of workout focused on the Olympic style lift training, that is why I was think resistance bands, because of the nervous system benefits, by this i mean training my muscles to react quicker to the more functional movements but maybe i could use kettlebells to deload with but will that put more stress on the nervous system? and will that still be able to create a good P-ratio?

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Generally deload weeks still involve lifting, just at a lower % of max.

Out of curiosity how much do you weigh?[/quote]
I weigh 140lb, i know not a lot but i have been focusing on body recomp. I did a deload not long a go of some sort, i used that week to focus on capillary growth. I would do it again but the thing is, i am making the transfer from a so called mass to a weight loss. see i am trying a new sort of workout focused on the Olympic style lift training, that is why I was think resistance bands, because of the nervous system benefits, by this i mean training my muscles to react quicker to the more functional movements but maybe i could use kettlebells to deload with but will that put more stress on the nervous system? and will that still be able to create a good P-ratio?

How tall are you? At 140lbs unless you are 5 feet tall I wouldn’t worry about recomping.
What are your end goals?
You state that you are following an Oly program. In that case during the deload keep doing the lifts. A deload week is like free practice on form because you’ll be able to maximally accelerate the bar (you should be trying to do that anyway). For help with this post in the Oly lifting forums.
Why are you worried about capillarization?
If you are worried about CNS dysfunction you could just eat more and sleep more and not waste so much mental energy on this type of minutia.

[quote]taylor_1989 wrote:
obviously been doing neural charge.

so basically maximal uptake of glycogen to create a better p-ratio.

Please comment[/quote]

LOL…is that a comment?

Yer i am only bout 5ft 4 so not tall. The reason for capillary growth was to not only enhance recovery, but also to stimulate muscle strength, this was because I came across some research about what fibers actual make certain muscles. Don’t quote me on this, but I believe I read that the lateral delt had more type 1 muscle fibers.

Believe it or not it did work to some extent, I can now lateral raise with good form 18kg dumbbells when before I could only do 14kg and my push press went from 65kg 8-10 rep to 73.5 kg 8-10 reps. I do think your right with the workout, I will give it ago and work on my form, be interesting to see what happens.

Thanks

Stop focusing on the small shit and just grow. You’re over-analyzing way too much.

GOMAD
Beef
EVOO

When you actually have some attributable mass, than worry about recomping. You don’t have anything to recomp right now.

fair enough

I wouldn’t bother with a recovery week. If you are really worried about recovery, take a day or two off in the week. 7 days a week is good if it’s good for you but not many people are up to that.

At 140lbs think about how many calories your burning training that often. Diet should be your priority.

Get your calories in and train hard when you train. Training often doesn’t make up for lack of intensity…

I find it unlikely that you’re training at 100% each day.

What’s your diet like?

erm… my diet is based on the IF principle. So i have 2100 cal a day 40%p 35%c 25%f over 3 meals a day. My training is quite intense, I say I train at 90% of my 1rm most of the time.

[quote]taylor_1989 wrote:
My training is quite intense, I say I train at 90% of my 1rm most of the time. [/quote]

I say not fucking likely, but once again you made me laugh so thank you.

Are you sure you shouldn’t be posting in the beginner forum? Maybe you should just read the stickied threads at the top of this page to get an idea of how to train, eat, etc.

Seriously (if you are), read those threads (PX, Stu, Synergy), go away, and come back later with awesome progress results.

Everything has alreay been said… but this keeps my mind boggling… wtf. 140 lbs, a lot of cewl sounding words, 2100kcal… training 90% of 1RM, recory… wtf.

I train in the 1-4 rep range which allows my to train at 90% of my 1rm! I have always trained 7 days a week.

That’s really great.

When are you going to eat more calories?

I will prob up my cal from next week onwards and see how it goes.

Meet your new best friends.

Thanks most of you for all your comments, it has given me some insight on what to do. Once again thank and very much appreciated.

Get yourself on a basic 3 way(push/pull/legs) bodybuilding split or a 5x5 program and stop this bullshit.

Read the stickies in the beginners forums.