Help w/ a Home Exercise Routine

Hi All!

1st post here! I would like some help on my routine. Little bit backround and goals. Back in August i used to weight 242lbs and now i’m 193.6 (29% fat based on a professional body analyzer), my height is 5’7’'. I ve accomplish this doing mostly cv exercise, some weight traning on specific body parts and muscles doing biceps, triceps, bench press exercises etc and with proper dieting.

After discovering T-Nation and reading some articles (Christian Thibaudeau mostly) i have decided to follow a proper weight lifting routine and diet routine to increase my muscles and decrease my fat.

In regards to my diet i’m following the below
09:00 breakfast - Oats + Protein (3 egg whites usually)
11:00 snack - some chicken or tuna + vegetabales
13:00 launch - chicken, tuna or lean beef + vegetables
16:00 preworkout - some carbs like sandwich with light cheese
18:00 workout
19:00 protein shacker after workout
21:00 chicken, tuna with vegetables or other high protein food like salmon, egg whites etc.

I try to drink as much water i can and the only suplement i use is this protein powder a-stars.de/product/all_stars_-_hy-pro_deluxe_750_g_dose,30.html

i need help designing a program for me to allow me to work 3 times per week. At home i have dumbbels, ez curl and bench (inclide,decline) and i’m getting a chin,dip leg raise machine.

My goal is to built a body simular to christian bale in batman if this helps. Is it possible to do a complete body work out 3 times per week or should i be looking in a split rountine? can you help me with this? and which exercises i should be doing? i ve done a lot of exercises in the past using dumbells but due to the fact i didnt know how to split my routine and which exercises to do together i end up over training and stopping at the end. i ve lost 50lbs, gain some muscle and i have the will and i will commit to my routine as much as possible to achieve my goal this time.

Thanks in advance guys! much apreaciated

Youshould be doing full body 3 times a week initially and DoubleSidedTape gave you a link to the best one.

That program is built around a barbell. You will have to adapt.

I doubt that your chin/dip machine has assist so get some big elastic bands and use them for assistance. Progress by using smaller bands or by adding weight to a belt around your waist.

You need to work legs every workout. Dumbbell squats will fill the bill provided they are heavy enough. You will want to get a barbell eventually and start ding proper squats and deadlifts but it will work for now.

You can substitute dumbbell presses and rows into the program as well. Do chins and dips as well as dumbbell overhead presses.

Otherwise follow the protocols in the program above.

Stu

How much weight do you have for your barbell?
As a Beginner you can probably work full body every other day for a long time without plateauing.

Chins
Dips
Dumbbell Snatch
Lunges
Step-ups
Military Press

If your Barbell Only goes up to 100 pounds, these exercises should be good for a while. If you have an Olympic Barbell with 300lbs of weight you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Chins
Rows
Deadlift
Squat
Bench
Military Press

Everything you do should be dedicated to improving these lifts. If you can learn how to do Cleans and Snatches, they’re great too.

i ve got some weights dont remember the exact amount but i could invest more if it’s needed. i ve got a barbell forgot to mention that but not an olympic one, guess it would do the job

i should then try to do a full workout every other day.

Btw i’m logging my food intake and exercises, once i complete a full week, that’s on Monday i would upload so u can help me with that and whether something is wrong. i’ll also study the routine above

thanks for the help guys, very much apreciated :slight_smile:

It’s hard to do cleans and snatchs with a regular bar because the bar has to rotate independant of the weights but you can do everything else until the weight gets too heavy. Then it would be wise to invest in a Olympic bar.

just to clear some things cause i ot a bit confused. i ve checked the thread in the bodybuilding forum and it’s mainly about bidybuilders/lifters etc

my goal at this stage is to loose fat and weight. i think at 5’7’’ i need to loose at least 20lbs then focus on loosing the fat and build muscle

i dont want to become a huge guy with big muscles etc.

i’m looking to get a physique like this

[quote]Pambs wrote:

[/quote]

You only have to worry about looking like a huge guy with big muscles if you train and eat like you want to be one. Unless you are genetically gifted, doing a normal weight training program coupled with a diet designed to lower your body fat %, you won’t end up looking like some kind of Hercules.

Just because it’s a bodybuilding forum, doesn’t mean you will turn into Lee Priest when you are done. You might not look exactly like Christian Bale or Ryan Renolds either though. You will look like you, but thinner and more fit.

[quote]DoubleSidedTape wrote:

[/quote]

I second this program. Excellent for you. Read through the ENTIRE page. Very helpful. Cannot be any more simple of a plan.

Of course you shouldn’t try this if you’re afraid your vag will get injured.

jk, but not really

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:

jk, but not really[/quote]

MWAAHAHAAAAA!!! LOL!

Pambs - follow the suggested program, eat clean, stay with it. You will not get too big! You’ll learn and start to achieve your goals.

Given your description of yourself you’ve got quite a way to go before you look like the guy in that photograph so stop worrying and start lifting.

[quote]Pambs wrote:
just to clear some things cause i ot a bit confused. i ve checked the thread in the bodybuilding forum and it’s mainly about bidybuilders/lifters etc

my goal at this stage is to loose fat and weight. i think at 5’7’’ i need to loose at least 20lbs then focus on loosing the fat and build muscle

[/quote]

Saying you don’t want to get “too big” is like saying you don’t want to practice springing because you don’t want to win the 100m in the Olympics next week.

If its not your number one goal, it won’t happen.

[quote]Syncharmony wrote:
Pambs wrote:

You only have to worry about looking like a huge guy with big muscles if you train and eat like you want to be one. Unless you are genetically gifted, doing a normal weight training program coupled with a diet designed to lower your body fat %, you won’t end up looking like some kind of Hercules.

Just because it’s a bodybuilding forum, doesn’t mean you will turn into Lee Priest when you are done. You might not look exactly like Christian Bale or Ryan Renolds either though. You will look like you, but thinner and more fit.

[/quote]

Thinner and more fit is what i’m looking for, just put these guys for example and hopefully my abs will be revealed one day :slight_smile:

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:

jk, but not really[/quote]

my vag will be fine thanks for caring lol! is just tons of information is availiable and at the end u get confused more rather than clearing things up!

In any case i’ll stick to the program!

Hi Guys one more thing. My daily protein intake should be at 190gr and above. I can clculate the protein taken from shakes or tin food like tuna, salmon, etc but can someone direct me to a nutricion guide to help me figure out how much preten does a 300gr chest breast has and how many calories

A good rule of thumb is that any meat is 20% protein before cooking it. The calories will vary with how much fat is in it.

Stu

I use fitday.com to track my diet and goals. Great site and it’s free. Even though the nutrition information on there is general, it is still helpful.