T Nation

Help Understanding Thib's Workout

I just started Thib’s War Room Fat Loss Routine. Tomorrow is my first lactate-induced training session, however, I was hoping someone would read this and have done it already and be able to help me understand what is meant (if Thibs himself answered it would awesome).

Heres the link:

What I am trying to better understand is how the circuits are broken up. I read this: “There’s no rest between the exercises within the same circuit and you can rest for 1-2 minutes once all three sets of a circuit have been completed,” and wonder if this means that once I complete the last exercise of circuit A (A5), I go right back to A1 and repeat without having rested after A5. Basically, does that mean I ONLY rest after completing the 3rd set of each circuit. If that is the case, this routine is real ass kicker, but hell if ya wanna gain, you gotta work hard, I really just want to make sure I do this correctly, form over substance!. If anyone who has done this, or if Thib’s himself can clarify I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance for the answers!

Hey dude,

I suggest reading through the discussion tread for the article. You will fine everything you need to know and more. But, re your question, I believe he meant to complete all of circuit A, rest 1-3mins then repeat until all 3 sets are completed before moving onto circuit B.

I am going to jump back into using this LAYOUT next week, to smash some fat off. HOWEVER, I would suggest using CT’s latest recommendations, on the Heavy days, i.e. autoregulation, CNS activation etc.

GJ

You got it. Don’t stop until either you physically cannot continue, or until you have finished 3 sets of the circuit. At this point, you can reset the perscribed period, then go onto the next circuit, or puke up a lung…your choice.

I completed the set of five exercises three times before resting. For example, if A1-A5 represented the five exercises within Circuit A, then I would do A1-A5, then immediately move back into A1. After cycling through 3 times, I rested, then moved onto Circuit B. To my knowledge, this is how it’s supposed to be done, but I could be mistaken.

[quote]CCCannon wrote:
I completed the set of five exercises three times before resting. For example, if A1-A5 represented the five exercises within Circuit A, then I would do A1-A5, then immediately move back into A1. After cycling through 3 times, I rested, then moved onto Circuit B. To my knowledge, this is how it’s supposed to be done, but I could be mistaken. [/quote]

This is how I did it in the past, but I do believe it may have been incorrect. Hope CT chimes in to correct.

GJ

[quote]MD_Big_C wrote:
this means that once I complete the last exercise of circuit A (A5), I go right back to A1 and repeat without having rested after A5. Basically, does that mean I ONLY rest after completing the 3rd set of each circuit.

You got it. Don’t stop until either you physically cannot continue, or until you have finished 3 sets of the circuit. At this point, you can reset the perscribed period, then go onto the next circuit, or puke up a lung…your choice.[/quote]

Lung puking is always fun. Yeah I figured as much, which would today both lungs are coming out.

In regards to another post, do you have a link on CT’s latest fat loss suggestions? These days CT’s forum is impossible to search because EVERYONE posts in it.

[quote]CCCannon wrote:
I completed the set of five exercises three times before resting. For example, if A1-A5 represented the five exercises within Circuit A, then I would do A1-A5, then immediately move back into A1. After cycling through 3 times, I rested, then moved onto Circuit B. To my knowledge, this is how it’s supposed to be done, but I could be mistaken. [/quote]

This is how it’s supposed to be done!

It’s all written in the discussion for the article. Once you finish 3 SETS of A1-A5 then rest 3 mins before moving onto Circuit B.

Do not take rests within the individual circuits! Only rest after completing a full 3 sets of each circuit.

BTW this is the best fat loss program I’ve come across. I’m sure many will agree.

LR

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
CCCannon wrote:
I completed the set of five exercises three times before resting. For example, if A1-A5 represented the five exercises within Circuit A, then I would do A1-A5, then immediately move back into A1. After cycling through 3 times, I rested, then moved onto Circuit B. To my knowledge, this is how it’s supposed to be done, but I could be mistaken.

This is how I did it in the past, but I do believe it may have been incorrect. Hope CT chimes in to correct.

GJ[/quote]

No, that is correct.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Gymjunkie wrote:
CCCannon wrote:

GJ

No, that is correct.[/quote]

Perfect! Thank you for the answer CT. Really appreciate what you do for this forum.

I was doing some reading on the forums and came across someone who had done this workout. Just a quick question and hopefully CT will chime in again, on the heavy lifting days, I perform A1 then A2 rest 2 minutes, then perform B1 and B2 rest 2 minutes and go back to A1 and A2. Like this I would alternating between A1,A2 and B1,B2, or should I be doing A1,A2 five times, THEN move onto B1,B2? Again, thanks to all who answer, and thanks again to CT!

[quote]Core627 wrote:
I was doing some reading on the forums and came across someone who had done this workout. Just a quick question and hopefully CT will chime in again, on the heavy lifting days, I perform A1 then A2 rest 2 minutes, then perform B1 and B2 rest 2 minutes and go back to A1 and A2. Like this I would alternating between A1,A2 and B1,B2, or should I be doing A1,A2 five times, THEN move onto B1,B2? Again, thanks to all who answer, and thanks again to CT!
[/quote]

A1 - B1 rest, then
A2 - B2 rest, then back to A1.

LR

[quote]London Runner wrote:
It’s all written in the discussion for the article. Once you finish 3 SETS of A1-A5 then rest 3 mins before moving onto Circuit B.

Do not take rests within the individual circuits! Only rest after completing a full 3 sets of each circuit.

BTW this is the best fat loss program I’ve come across. I’m sure many will agree.

LR[/quote]

Agree 100%. Best fat loss program I ever used.

You guys rock, thanks for all the help, hopefully in the next 2-3 months I’ll be replying with killer results!