Help to Get F'ing Big

OK so i weigh 140 lbs… athletic looking body. more on the lanky side. i have stopped growing at about 5’9". i want to look huge!!! i figured about 160 i wud look jacked, but i am a noob and i need major help gaining weigh after wrestling is over… so what ever tricks, treats, short cuts, long cuts, programs, r what ever, please comment!!!

weight: 140
Height:5’9"
Body Fat: 10%
Sports: Wrestling, swimming
Bench: 185
Squat: 260
Deadlift:285
Power clean: 145
Snatch: 115

PS wanna get strong but size comes first on my list

Oh Lordy. At 5’9 you’re not going to look jacked.
Tips:
Lift (heavy)
Eat (lots)
Sleep
Repeat.

Ok, so, I had a friend who used to play football in high school, and was a farm kid. He was 5’8" or so at 155 when we started talking. He was cut, but not big. He’s now gotten as high as 210 and relatively lean (call 10%). He looks big but not crazy jacked.

Point is, you’ve got a helluva lot longer trip to being “jacked” than you think right now.

Your wrestling and swimming background will help immensely with overall conditioning and especially discipline and pain tolerance. I think you are past the point of using Starting Strength because of your conditioning levels. You should be able to handle much more volume because of your athletic background.

So…since you’ve been on this site since July, what have you read? You must have read something in all those months about the articles, or looked in the archives, or something. I mean, you just kinda came out and asked for us to write you something from scratch and all. So…What have you read? What do you do now in terms of weight training?

This is going to be a multiple year process you know. Just sayin’.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Oh Lordy. At 5’9 you’re not going to look jacked.
Tips:
Lift (heavy)
Eat (lots)
Sleep
Repeat.[/quote]

yup, however his definition of ‘jacked’ might be completely different then what we all are thinking

OP, you mind sharing a picture of how you would like to look

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
Oh Lordy. At 5’9 you’re not going to look jacked.
Tips:
Lift (heavy)
Eat (lots)
Sleep
Repeat.

yup, however his definition of ‘jacked’ might be completely different then what we all are thinking

OP, you mind sharing a picture of how you would like to look[/quote]

I couldn’t resist

several times a week eat till about to throw up

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
chimera182 wrote:
Oh Lordy. At 5’9 you’re not going to look jacked.
Tips:
Lift (heavy)
Eat (lots)
Sleep
Repeat.

yup, however his definition of ‘jacked’ might be completely different then what we all are thinking

OP, you mind sharing a picture of how you would like to look[/quote]

Jacked is mostly subjective, but still I don’t believe that 160 is quite sufficient.

[quote]Serum-X wrote:
OK so i weigh 140 lbs… athletic looking body. more on the lanky side. i have stopped growing at about 5’9". i want to look huge!!! i figured about 160 i wud look jacked[/quote]

Brian Whitacre (dude in the middle) is a lightweight natural bodybuilding champ. He’s 5’9" and about 165 in the photo above (which, in case you hadn’t noticed, is a contest-winning level of rippedness, not something you’d walk around at everyday).

He says he goes around 190 in the offseason, so I’d make your mid-to-long-term goal to hit at least a solid 180.

Wait until swimming is over too, if possible.

Have you read The Roundtable Cure for Skinny yet? Plenty of tips in there.
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/roundtable_the_cure_for_skinny

There are two dozen different training programs and nutrition programs you could follow. Choose one and do it.

Eat much, lift much, eat consistently, lift consistently.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Serum-X wrote:
OK so i weigh 140 lbs… athletic looking body. more on the lanky side. i have stopped growing at about 5’9". i want to look huge!!! i figured about 160 i wud look jacked

Brian Whitacre (dude in the middle) is a lightweight natural bodybuilding champ. He’s 5’9" and about 165 in the photo above (which, in case you hadn’t noticed, is a contest-winning level of rippedness, not something you’d walk around at everyday).

He says he goes around 190 in the offseason, so I’d make your mid-to-long-term goal to hit at least a solid 180.

but i am a noob and i need major help gaining weigh after wrestling is over…

Wait until swimming is over too, if possible.

Have you read The Roundtable Cure for Skinny yet? Plenty of tips in there.
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/roundtable_the_cure_for_skinny

There are two dozen different training programs and nutrition programs you could follow. Choose one and do it.

Eat much, lift much, eat consistently, lift consistently.[/quote]

I stand corrected.

Not the best pic, but GSP is 5’9" or 5’10" and 170 here, at what might be a more reasonable walking-around bodyfat percentage for you. Remember that he doesn’t train for maximum muscle, so the shape he has is an “accident” of other training goals.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
I stand corrected.[/quote]

Ha, not intentional, man. Just giving the guy some real-world comparisons to keep in mind.

Know what’s funny? I just gave your avatar a good look. Funny stuff, and kinda relevant to this thread. :wink:

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Not the best pic, but GSP is 5’9" or 5’10" and 170 here, at what might be a more reasonable walking-around bodyfat percentage for you. Remember that he doesn’t train for maximum muscle, so the shape he has is an “accident” of other training goals.

chimera182 wrote:
I stand corrected.

Ha, not intentional, man. Just giving the guy some real-world comparisons to keep in mind.

Know what’s funny? I just gave your avatar a good look. Funny stuff, and kinda relevant to this thread. ;)[/quote]

Haha, that little ice cube is going to be hyoooge one day.
Although with regards to the thread, it’s still going to be hard to look big at 170 at a walking around BF%.

How to get “f’in HUGE”…EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, SQUAT, EAT, EAT, DEADLIFT, EAT, EAT, EAT, MASTURBATE, EAT, EAT, EAT

[quote]LSUPOWERDC wrote:
How to get “f’in HUGE”…EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, SQUAT, EAT, EAT, DEADLIFT, EAT, EAT, EAT, MASTURBATE, EAT, EAT, EAT[/quote]

You forgot the three most important things…squats, milk, and fellatio.

[quote]cr1404 wrote:
LSUPOWERDC wrote:
How to get “f’in HUGE”…EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, EAT, SQUAT, EAT, EAT, DEADLIFT, EAT, EAT, EAT, MASTURBATE, EAT, EAT, EAT

You forgot the three most important things…squats, milk, and fellatio.

[/quote]
He got the first one, and the last one if you’re flexable.

You say you want to look huge, a good mentality to have when gaining weight! Sounds obvious but some around here don’t quite get it.
Although there have been many pics of guys being strong at a light weight I’m going to assume you want to be actually big.

I weigh 82.5 (roughly 185 pounds) at abit under ten percent bodyfat, while being a inch taller than you. While alright for a natural trainer I would’nt consider myself huge by any means. Therefore be prepared to have to gain a fair amount of weight to reach your goal.

A bodybuilding routine will help you pack on alot of size, which means working in the higher rep ranges (6-12 in my experience) work on the main three compound lifts (bench, squats and deadlifts) but don’t forget to use isolation exercise too.

This is because you want to create the illusion of size in the shortest amount of time possible. Working hard on your shoulders, arms and lats is the quickest way to look big to the average person (sadly enough). Therefore don’t be afraid to overtrain those three muscle groups. Obviously you should also hit your back and chest, and especially legs, very hard to gain mass and weight, and to stay in proportion.

Hmm… I am also a noob but already a ways into my first mass gain. I seem to be similar to you so I will just post some info to give you an idea of what your first bulk may be like.

I started with a martial arts background so I was 147lbs with a flexed six pack and some scrappy looking obliques. No one would have any idea about me being ripped since a medium tea shirt would drown me out(still does). My lowest bf% was probably 8-8.5%(I got it tested at 8.9% a month or two after i started to try and gain weight)

I’ve been doing rippetoe’s but with db benchpress’ instead of bench and military press due to shoulder problems which halted chest growth up until 2 weeks ago where i switched to db’s for good.

Right now my lifts are
Squat 3x5 at 240
deadlift 1x5 225 (My legs started strong from kung fu and I need to get some chalk for my deadlifts because my grip sucks.
barbell rows 3x135
db bench press 3x10 with 50’s. (Its kind of awkward for me to use heavy dumbells but im going to try and go up to 60 and just do that 6 times to keep it more in line with the rest of the program)

Anyway, I am now about 162lbs, I can still see 2 oblique muscles next to my top 2 sets of abs, I can only see the bottom set of abs to fill out the six pack in certain lighting. I have seen definite improvement in my pecks, traps, deltoids, and a crazy improvement in my back.

But it is still basically impossible for people to tell I lift when I wear a non extra small t-shirt. I figure I am probably between 9-11% bf right now and don’t really want to go above 12%.

Hope that might help give you some idea of how much weight you will need to get big and ripped. For me I probably need at least 190. I plan on bulking to about 170 then evauluating my body fat levels and deciding whether to cut for a bit or something.

GL with your bulk, just remember to eat. I was afraid of gaining fat and probably wasted 2 or 3 months on a shitty self designed weightlifting program combined with thinking I could gain on a 2400 calorie diet.

Incremental gains in body weight + lots of protein + progressively heavier weights repped to failure for all muscle groups = How to get F’ing Big.

At 5’9 you’ll look like you lift weights between 200 and 210lbs if you’re at 8% bodyfat (3lbs per square inch of height)

Personally I’d say aim to be at 240lbs of bodyweight with a 400+lb bench press, 450lb+ squat, 500lb+ deadlift. You’ll be pretty F’ing big at that point.

Yeah just to reiterate here and to speak from a similar body type and experience…

I’m 5’9", I started at 130 lbs. and thought to myself if I could get to 170 I would look a lot bigger than I am now. Well, a little over a year down the road I am now 170 lbs, and still feel small. Granted, I feel a helluva lot better than at 130 lbs, but now I want to hit 200 lbs-- which will be very tough.

However, I’ll take that challegne. You just gotta understand its hard, every pound I’ve gained was through a lot of hard work, an insane amount of food, and good sleep. Its expensive, I spend most of my money on food…

Other than that its simple, you honestly have to do only five lifts in my opinion… SQUATS, deadlifts, bench press, dips, and pull-ups. With that said, work on strength and size will come at your size. My starting numbers were considerably lower than they are now… so with bigger numbers on my lifts came bigger size. Good luck.

And… do you really think you’re going to look jacked with low lift numbers? Size reflects strength, you’re not gonna get big only deadlifting 285.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
Oh Lordy. At 5’9 you’re not going to look jacked.
Tips:
Lift (heavy)
Eat (lots)
Sleep
Repeat.[/quote]

x2
when you get to 160, you’re not going to even look jacked

I started lifting seriously one year ago after last wrestling season. I swam 5 years competively before that so i have always had a fairly fit body. I started lifting with the 5X5 program which i heard was a good beggining. HUGE improvements!!!
Bench: 145-185
Squat: 200-260
Deadlift: 250-280
I stayed the same height and gained 15 lbs.(135-155 lbs.0
I than started training for wrestling with body weight stuff and cut down to 140 lbs. I thought about doing german volume training or a good peridization program. I am just kinda stuck on what program. I have read tons of nutrition stuff on this site and i have he eating on lock down…