Help the Dormroom Bodybuilder?

I am a dormroom bodybuilder. This means that I am up very late almost every night doing work for my shitty major and I have typically one choice for food: Dominos.

Assuming Dominos is the most poisonous shit you can put in your body, what would you guys recommend as alternatives for my dorm room to be sources of food. So far I have a toaster with peanut butter and bread, but this grows extremely tiresome. I am looking for suggestions that would be practical for a dormroom. I have a microwave as well, and Costco/Sams club is only 15 minutes away.

Suggestions would be greatly welcomed

Thanks.

oatmeal plus peanut butter plus stolen apples. if theres a common room, make plenty of eggs. Protein shakes up the wazzoo. pop tarts

buy a blender- eggs, milk, oats …

I used to make Mac n Cheese in a Hot Pot (all we were allowed in our rooms back then), and then mix in a can of tuna.

S

Ok, thanks for blender idea Rugby.

Kanada, I was under the impression that poptarts are a huge NO NO, worse than dominos. Am I wrong here?

Stu, tuna stinks up the room beyond belief. Also, the amount of time it takes to properly eat it is not worth it (can opener, draining, dispensing, etc)

Bro, I had a desk job a while back where I had to quickly open, drain, and eat my damn tuna in the Men’s room twice a day because I knew my boss wasn’t a fan of the lovely aroma emanating from my desk. I did it though, because I knew WHY I was doing it.

If you’re going to whine about having to prepare your food, maybe you should ask yourself how much you really want results from your gym time, or if you wanna be one of the millions who think all you really need is the latest Supplement-tech powder to get huge (because we all know food isn’t really that important).

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Bro, I had a desk job a while back where I had to quickly open, drain, and eat my damn tuna in the Men’s room twice a day because I knew my boss wasn’t a fan of the lovely aroma emanating from my desk. I did it though, because I knew WHY I was doing it. If you’re going to whine about having to prepare your food, maybe you should ask yourself how much you really want results from your gym time, or if you wanna be one of the millions who think all you really need is the latest Supplement-tech powder to get huge (because we all know food isn’t really that important).

S[/quote]

X2. You gotta be focused and not make excuses, that will hold you back big time. I eat and do horrible shit i dont like because of the long term. Means to an end and all that.

The blender is a good tool to use.

Crock Pot and blender are great ideas. You can cook just about anything in a crock pot, and then you can clean it up and have meals for a while, as long as you have a small fridge too.

Protein powder
Eggs
Cottage cheese
Those pre-mixed/drained tuna packets are pretty nice and portable.
Chicken or beef (if you have a small fridge to store it and cook it in the crockpot)
Chili
Oatmeal
Fresh fruit
Fresh Veggietables
Mixed nuts

Hmmmm, pretty standard fair, I’d say…

v/r

Gremlin

Do you have access to a kitchen at al?l

Bro, I had a desk job a while back where I had to quickly open, drain, and eat my damn tuna in the Men’s room twice a day because I knew my boss wasn’t a fan of the lovely aroma emanating from my desk. I did it though, because I knew WHY I was doing it. If you’re going to whine about having to prepare your food, maybe you should ask yourself how much you really want results from your gym time, or if you wanna be one of the millions who think all you really need is the latest Supplement-tech powder to get huge (because we all know food isn’t really that important)."

When I was training a full load of clients at a name brand commercial gym, the other trainers were constantly giving me crap about the smells of various foods I’d bring. Even celery and tuna. But I always shrugged and smiled and poked their bellies.

Yeah, when it really comes down to it,
are you going to take your own advice, or Stu’s advice?

(I hope you get the point I’m trying to make…)

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:
Do you have access to a kitchen at al?l[/quote]

No, but I do have a fridge.

Stu, thanks for the words, nothing I really didnt know, but I guess I should have phrased it differently. WOMEN dont like the smell, I honestly could care less, I love tuna. But yes, youre right, its about sacrifices and how bad you want something, no argument there. Also, could you give me more info on that supplement-tech powder stuff that will get me huge? A PM will do just fine. obv kidding.

What the heck is a crock pot? (gunna look it up brb)

Fruits and veggies are a good idea, but the DC is pretty strict about stealing food, and I dont have a car on campus to get this stuff regularly.

Bro, I had a desk job a while back where I had to quickly open, drain, and eat my damn tuna in the Men’s room twice a day because I knew my boss wasn’t a fan of the lovely aroma emanating from my desk. I did it though, because I knew WHY I was doing it.

If you’re going to whine about having to prepare your food, maybe you should ask yourself how much you really want results from your gym time, or if you wanna be one of the millions who think all you really need is the latest Supplement-tech powder to get huge (because we all know food isn’t really that important).

S[/quote]

Exactly!

Good post, I’m all too familiar with opening/draining tuna cans in the bathroom!

OP, buy these items in bulk:

-Peanut butter
-Oats
-Whey Protein
-Fruit

If you’re too fussy to eat tuna sneak a foreman into your room and do frozen chicken breast/beef – if that’s too inconvenient maybe you should stick with dominos.

There really are so many things you can eat if you have a small refrigerator and microwave in your room.

–Costco sells pre-cooked frozen shrimp, teryaki chicken, beef strips, lightly breaded chicken breast patties, and a few other items I can’t think of now. Ideal? No. But pretty damn good items for someone trying to stay in shape and doesn’t want to resort to eating junk. All they require is thawing and microwaving.

–You can make a shake from several ingredients, including nuts, nut butters, seeds, protein powder, milk, frozen berries and bananas, and healthy oils.

–Food bars.

–Canned chicken doesn’t stink like tuna does. Sardines don’t smell nearly as bad as tuna, actually.

–Cold cuts. Get some decent quality ones. Make a sandwich.

–Some snack items like beef or chicken jerky; whole grain pretzels or crackers with hummus; fruits; veggie sticks; mozarella sticks; and so on.

There really are so many options.

If you’re going to whine about having to prepare your food, maybe you should ask yourself how much you really want results from your gym time…
S[/quote]

Exactly.

And as I alwasy repeat all the time, rather than people making themselves nuts, they should ask themselves, “How much sacrifice or preparation am I willing to deal with to get what I want?” Then think of what they want, and how much it’s going to take.

The people who want to be huge, MUST GO THE DISTANCE.

Those who just want to be “well built” or “in shape” really would save themselves some unnecessary nervousness and contemplation if they just stuck to a general fitness program and “alright” diet with enough calories and nutrients (eg, 2500 to 3000 calories coming from good food; 3 or 4 meals, some snacks).

By the way, just because you’re up late doesn’t mean you NEED to eat. If you hit your caloric and nutrient allotment for the day, you’re not gonna shrink because you’re up later than usual.

[quote]Dymdez wrote:
Ok, thanks for blender idea Rugby.

Kanada, I was under the impression that poptarts are a huge NO NO, worse than dominos. Am I wrong here?

Stu, tuna stinks up the room beyond belief. Also, the amount of time it takes to properly eat it is not worth it (can opener, draining, dispensing, etc)[/quote]

Opening a can of tuna takes about 30 seconds.

When I was a freshman I used a lot of protein powder and olive oil, you could buy carb powder for pretty cheap too.

Does your school not have a dining hall? I’ve attended two different colleges and both have buffet style dining halls. There are ways to get decent whey powder for dirt cheap if you spend some time looking around. Peanut butter is cheap. Your reasoning for not eating tuna is just silly. Drain it outside if you have to.

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
[b]OP, buy these items in bulk:

-Peanut butter
-Oats
-Whey Protein
-Fruit[/b]
[/quote]

Nailed it

OP, I’m curious how you say you have a COSTCO membership, but don’t know what to get to eat. My mom has a COSTCO membership, and I’m fortunate enough that she supports my hobby (if you can call it that) and loads me up on chicken, broccoli, apples, almonds, and peanut butter.

Maybe it’s not the best option, but you can get a lot of good fats and protein from just bulk protein powder and peanut butter. Again, it’s not the best, it gets old, but this is a very common thing for me to eat while I’m on campus. I also have a tough major (civil engineering) but find ways to make things work.

Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate protein powder, makes kindof a pudding type thing, tastes pretty good.

EDIT: They have greek yogurt at the costco near my house, its called FAGE (pronounce fa-yeh) if you have a good tasting protein powder (the wellements they sell at costco works great) this stuff will taste bomb

Milk+ Casein, sometimes casein + olive oil.

You’re in college, use some creativity.