Help Stop Obama!

[quote]Professor X wrote:

It is interesting what battles you choose. When “Obama is the enemy” gets declared, none of you step forward to say this is wrong concerning a US President. However, here you are to make sure no one believes that you think the Patriot Act was a bad idea.

Kudos to you for being such a stand up guy.[/quote]

Not really - just answer the question. Who here did what you said they did? Anyone?

What “battles” I choose are irrelevant to the issue you raised - that conservatives are suddenly changing their tune on the Patriot Act now that we have a Democrat president-elect.

So, in this thread, who did that? Why did you come to that conclusion? You raised it, not me.

I personally would love to hear much more from you.[/quote]

You’ll hear something worthwhile when TB23 says it first. Then Mick will proceed to regurgitate it in some slightly twisted fashion, reflecting poorly on TB23.

Actually, thunderbolt23, I’d like to apologize for some of my posts to you. They were unnecessarily harsh and uncalled for. Usually made because of how badly Mick ends up reflecting on you.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

It is interesting what battles you choose. When “Obama is the enemy” gets declared, none of you step forward to say this is wrong concerning a US President. However, here you are to make sure no one believes that you think the Patriot Act was a bad idea.

Kudos to you for being such a stand up guy.

Not really - just answer the question. Who here did what you said they did? Anyone?

What “battles” I choose are irrelevant to the issue you raised - that conservatives are suddenly changing their tune on the Patriot Act now that we have a Democrat president-elect.

So, in this thread, who did that? Why did you come to that conclusion? You raised it, not me.

[/quote]

I came to that conclusion just like any outsider looking at this forum would think this board is filled with racists considering the ridiculous number of race associated threads that have popped up over the last few months.

While you could claim that Headhunter and Mick28 do not hold the sentiments of the majority here, likewise, very few of you (if any) will speak against their actions.

If you suddenly feel SO strongly about the Patriot Act that you will quickly jump forward and claim these feelings are not your own, it makes me wonder greatly why you are so silent as you allow these other types to fill this board with those types of threads and posts.

The person I responded to, to answer your question, made a statement about how they perceive the Patriot Act. If republicans (on this board and off) are now in majority completely free of any concern regarding the Patriot Act, then I must seriously apologize.

Question, are you making that statement or simply making sure you don’t get labeled as such?

thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I came to that conclusion just like any outsider looking at this forum would think this board is filled with racists considering the ridiculous number of race associated threads that have popped up over the last few months.

While you could claim that Headhunter and Mick28 do not hold the sentiments of the majority here, likewise, very few of you (if any) will speak against their actions.
[/quote]

Silence does not equal consent.

I came to that conclusion just like any outsider looking at this forum would think this board is filled with racists…[/quote]

You conclusions about conservatives and the Patriot Act have exactly zilch to do with whether or not this board is filled with “racists”. Oops.

First, I don’t feel SO strongly about the Patriot Act - your point was more about conservatives opportunistically changing their minds on a policy, and it was, of course, a foolish thing to say and dead wrong.

Second, do you ever stop whining about why “other people” are so silent when they need to be taking stands against things around here you find so important? You squeal about this constantly, always inferring something nefarious from their silence when you think a “racist” isn’t being shouted down.

Here is a newsflash, cupcake - I don’t read every thread. Often, even in threads I am into, I skip over posts in the interest of time (I have a job, and my job is not to right every wrong on an internet chat board).

Further, never make cowardly insinuations about my stance on race - if you can stop telling 15 year olds how “intimidating” you are, do a search and learn about my fanged responses when worthless racist trash Nominal Prospect blathers out his bigoted idiocy.

Mikeyali has always derided the Patriot Act. Orion, an Austrian libertarian, has too. Not a single “conservative” of any stripe popped in with a different tune on the Patriot Act. You got called on coming to such an idiotic conclusion, and then you deflect by crying to the Heavens about all the “racism!” that none of the “good” people will confront.

Labeled as what? I have always thought the Patriot Act was a mixed bag tat could use improvement, but criticism of it was way overblown and that at its core, the policy was needed in an era of terrorist warfare. That position hasn’t changed with the election of Obama.

The challenge remains: name one conservative that changed his tune on the Patriot Act now that Obama is headed for the Oval Office, which gave you quite the smug satisfaction not so many posts ago.

[quote]orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Silence does not equal consent. [/quote]

Silence does, however, equal the inability to see that if you never speak against a negative act, some might actually believe you do not hold negative feelings towards it…

especially in this case where someone is so quick to jump at a random comment made about the Patriot Act in the midst of SEVERAL threads about race and many more about how blacks vote without paying attention to specific issues.

Can someone tell me how the frig someone like Al Franken can possibly get elected to anything.

[quote]orion wrote:

Silence does not equal consent. [/quote]

Anyone else find it ironic that an M.D. needs an explanation of how “consent” works?

First, I don’t feel SO strongly about the Patriot Act - your point was more about conservatives opportunistically changing their minds on a policy, and it was, of course, a foolish thing to say and dead wrong.

Second, do you ever stop whining about why “other people” are so silent when they need to be taking stands against things around here you find so important? You squeal about this constantly, always inferring something nefarious from their silence when you think a “racist” isn’t being shouted down.[/quote]

Why then do you care about my previous post so much?

You CHOOSE what you throw your attention at but then question my own choices?

[quote]
Here is a newsflash, cupcake - I don’t read every thread. Often, even in threads I am into, I skip over posts in the interest of time (I have a job, and my job is not to right every wrong on an internet chat board). [/quote]

This isn’t about reading EVERY thread. I don’t read EVERY thread. However, have you taken a passing glance at the topics of the threads on this first page at all?

[quote]

Further, never make cowardly insinuations about my stance on race - if you can stop telling 15 year olds how “intimidating” you are, do a search and learn about my fanged responses when worthless racist trash Nominal Prospect blathers out his bigoted idiocy.[/quote]

Cowardly? Maybe you should choose a better thesaurus to pick these words from. Nothing about you is intimidating enough to bring cowardice from this keyboard.

[quote]

Mikeyali has always derided the Patriot Act. Orion, an Austrian libertarian, has too. Not a single “conservative” of any stripe popped in with a different tune on the Patriot Act.

You got called on coming to such an idiotic conclusion, and then you deflect by crying to the Heavens about all the “racism!” that none of the “good” people will confront.

Question, are you making that statement or simply making sure you don’t get labeled as such?

Labeled as what? I have always thought the Patriot Act was a mixed bag tat could use improvement, but criticism of it was way overblown and that at its core, the policy was needed in an era of terrorist warfare. That position hasn’t changed with the election of Obama.

The challenge remains: name one conservative that changed his tune on the Patriot Act now that Obama is headed for the Oval Office, which gave you quite the smug satisfaction not so many posts ago.[/quote]

You apparently do follow this board closely despite your time restraints to know or care what every single person’s political stance is in detail.

For those of us who have avoided this area, we are not as in the know about who believes what and will take statements as a sentiment of majority opinion if no one speaks against it at all. Clearly, there are no conservatives who think the Patriot Act was a mistake.

Duly noted. You will speak up if anyone DARES question republican sentiment concerning the Patriot Act…but remain silent as other posters fill the board up with racially motivated threads designed to insight turbulence.

Why then do you care about my previous post so much?

You CHOOSE what you throw your attention at but then question my own choices?[/quote]

You posted in this forum and asserted the conclusion. I read and said “that makes no sense”, so I asked how you came to that conclusion.

Look where we are now.

You can choose whatever you want, I don’t care - I simply asked you where you got your information from that informed your conclusion.

Then, of course, you started your hissy.

The PWI doesn’t have a lot of great threads or debates going - when I see one I think stupid, I skip it. Sure I see the topics on the first page - so what, Professor? That I don’t jump into them and start my crusade to assuage your delicate feelings is surefire evidence I am…probably…just maybe…a racist? Or worse?

Hilarious. Probably the best tactic is, like with children, ingore them and they shut up. Worked with the 9-11 conspiracy morons.

Btw, I recall that in the threads where Nominal Prospect said something racist and I got after him for doing so (as did Rainjack), you were nowhere to be found. So…you must be a racist, aye?

I don’t use a thesaurus.

More to the point, you are the very defintion of cowardice - how often when you want to bitch about someone, you refer to “some people” or “all of you” or “you guys”? You hide between anonymous complaining - why not just come out and call someone a “racist” outright?

And don’t worry about whether I am “intimidating” or not, I never advertised myself as such, and it has nothing to do with whether you take a cowardly tact - which you do.

So, I’ll make it easy for you, since that is the way you prefer it - do you think I am a racist? A yes or no will work.

Who said this? This is a straw man - I neevr took that position. I never said no conservatives thought the Patriot Act was a mistake. I can name 3 or 4 on PWI alone.

What I asked was which conservative changed his/her mind on the basis of the election - which is your claim, not mine.

But this isn’t what happened - I never spoke up to “defend” the Patriot Act. If I “defended” anyone, it was conservatives who had their integrity “attacked” by your suggestion that their support for the Patriot Act changed with the political winds.

You could have said it about any policy, that was never the issue - I wanted to know, and still do, which conservative changed their mind on the issue because of the election…which you claimed?

You probably meant “incite” turbulence, so I’ll mail my thesaurus you seem to think I need - looks like you need it more.

Secondly, see above - most of the time I skip threads that I think will be populated with stupidity, and even in threads I like, I tend to skip over posts made by posters I think idiotic.

The fact that you are “offended” - imagine that - by the ludicrous fantasy that my “silence” in those threads you find objectionable is somehow evidence of my support for racism is not my problem to fix.

It’s practically as if you want people to be racists around here - like I said, if you need proof of my position on racism, search a thread where I savaged Nominal Prospect for his rantings. If that isn’t good enough to earn the benefit of the doubt from you that I am not racost, then who cares?

[/quote]

If I’ve made any sort of racist statements, its news to me. Of course, words now have a fluid meaning in your world and stating something like “Pastor Wright is an idiot.” is now a racist statement.

You DO know, that having fluid meanings for words is a prelude to chaos, right?

Hilarious. Probably the best tactic is, like with children, ingore them and they shut up. Worked with the 9-11 conspiracy morons.[/quote]

Interesting. What exactly over the last two years or more makes you think they will shut up soon? They keep talking because they believe most of you agree with them. That is why Mike28 cosigned your previous response in this thread. he thinks you two are great friends and very like minded apparently. Your silence is doing wonders, huh?

[quote]
More to the point, you are the very defintion of cowardice - how often when you want to bitch about someone, you refer to “some people” or “all of you” or “you guys”? You hide between anonymous complaining - why not just come out and call someone a “racist” outright?[/quote]

I named names. You missed this? How exactly?

Mind you, even though you are flat out wrong about me not doing so, you claim I am a coward based on this?

Strange.

[quote]
So, I’ll make it easy for you, since that is the way you prefer it - do you think I am a racist? A yes or no will work. [/quote]

I think you are like most of America, in the dark about true racial sentiment when it comes to minorities. If I thought you were a racist I would have informed you by now. You seem to have me confused with someone who is afraid to say what is on his mind. Silly rabbit.

[quote]
Clearly, there are no conservatives who think the Patriot Act was a mistake. Duly noted.

Who said this? This is a straw man - I neevr took that position. I never said no conservatives thought the Patriot Act was a mistake. I can name 3 or 4 on PWI alone.[/quote]

Well then, how is my comment out of context or wrong in any way if you can name 3 or 4 yourself?

LOL

[quote]

What I asked was which conservative changed his/her mind on the basis of the election - which is your claim, not mine.[/quote]

That actually wasn’t my stance. My stance is that you had half of the country screaming this sounds like a bad idea while many conservatives seemed to dismiss any of those claims as outright paranoia.

[quote]
…but remain silent as other posters fill the board up with racially motivated threads designed to insight turbulence.

You probably meant “incite” turbulence, so I’ll mail my thesaurus you seem to think I need - looks like you need it more.[/quote]

Cute. I am one of the few on this board who can say without a doubt that the number of mistakes in my posts (especially considering the sheer number of them) concerning spelling has to be one of the least counts on the board. Can you say the same?

The fact that you are “offended” - imagine that - by the ludicrous fantasy that my “silence” in those threads you find objectionable is somehow evidence of my support for racism is not my problem to fix.

[/quote]

Between his paranoia and fantasy that a white man criticising a black man is a racist, I find the Prof fascinating for – in his words – a ‘highly educated black man’.

Hey Prof, btw, is that racism? Are you implying that most black men AREN’T highly educated? Shameful, and against your own people…

X, as you’ve noticed, this board has been overrun with zealots and gun-totin’ confederate flag wavin’ jim bobs. Most rational people have left the building, and that’s why you don’t see anyone wasting their time responding to all of the incoherent ramblings from conspiracy theorists and doom n’ gloom extreme right-wingers. But feel free to carry the torch :slight_smile:

[quote]ryanjm wrote:
X, as you’ve noticed, this board has been overrun with zealots and gun-totin’ confederate flag wavin’ jim bobs. Most rational people have left the building, and that’s why you don’t see anyone wasting their time responding to all of the incoherent ramblings from conspiracy theorists and doom n’ gloom extreme right-wingers. But feel free to carry the torch :)[/quote]

No, I get that and that is why I left this forum for so long as well.

However, what gets me is how few seem to understand that they could end this if they just fucking spoke up and degraded these ass holes instead of keeping silent as if they will stop on their own.

They haven’t stopped. Silence is only helping make this forum a great prospect for deletion.

Interesting. What exactly over the last two years or more makes you think they will shut up soon? They keep talking because they believe most of you agree with them. [/quote]

We barely have any 9-11 conspiracy nutjobs around anymore - courtesy of ignoring them. And let’s get this right - the 9-11 nutjobs “keep talking” because “most of us agree with them”?

Like who? Should be a good a non-answer as the rest of the your non-answers.

Mick28 may a great guy, he may be scum - I don’t control what he posts. You need to learn how to focus. You interpret silence to mean whatever you want it to, and it keeps proving to be a trainwreck.

That’s easy - I skip over your posts.

So start a list - name names. Who are the racists?

No, I think something different - I think you often say what is on your mind…but there just isn’t much on it. But you have this tact of doing anonymous complaining when it suits you to have an escape hatch.

You love to advertise yourself as a straight-talking tough guy - I don’t think so at all. I think you hedge and deflect when you are in deeper waters than you can tread.

Don’t believe me? We still don’t know why you came into this thread claming conservatives are changing their tune on the Patriot Act because of the 2008 election. Still.

How many posts are we into your Greek tragedy and we still have no idea how you came to that conclusion?

No, Professor X - you are bluster and illusion, not straightforward and honest.

Have they changed their mind on the Patriot Act based on the election? Do you know?

The question isn’t “are there conservatives that don’t like the Patriot Act?” - and it never has been. It has been trying to find out why you believe conservatives have been changing their minds solely on the shifting of the political party in power.

For a “man who speaks his mind”, I am getting bored of the tap dance.

[quote]That actually wasn’t my stance. My stance is that you had half of the country screaming this sounds like a bad idea while many conservatives seemed to dismiss any of those claims as outright paranoia.

…but remain silent as other posters fill the board up with racially motivated threads designed to insight turbulence.[/quote]

An absolute lie, proven false by anyone who can read. Here is your post:

This is fucking hilarious. How many times exactly did we bring up the dangers of the Patriot Act only to be told by so many conservatives that it was paranoia…now all of a sudden, as if none of you expected to ever lose your place at the table in the future, it is suddenly a problem.

Not a word mentioning conservatives’ silence on “racist!” threads. Strictly a post that made the mistake of assuming Mikeyali was for the Patriot Act before opining against it, and that he was the first of some bandwagon of conservatives suddenly changing their mind on the Act because a Democrat won the White House. A conclusion jumped to wrongly, and you had egg on your face.

That is what happened - anyone who can read can figure it out. You boned it up while acting smug, and someone pointed it out. And then you followed with 2 pages of “straight talk” trying to cavil your way out of what you said. It’s horseshit, and we all know it - but we all also know how you can’t admit to being wrong.

Are you serious? Is this a joke?

Only MSNBC can stop Obama. They created this monster, they know it’s weakness.

orion wrote:
Professor X wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Silence does, however, equal the inability to see that if you never speak against a negative act, some might actually believe you do not hold negative feelings towards it…
[/quote]

Racism is, in most cases, just a way of human stupidity to express itself.

Can´t fight human stupidity, for I am no match for it.

orion wrote:

Anyone else find it ironic that an M.D. needs an explanation of how “consent” works?

[/quote]

He worked for the Army.

Consent means you yell at people.