Help Setting Up a 6 Week Rapid Cut

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

I did consider this actually however Ive heard stories of people dropping an uncomfortable amount of muscle tissue.[/quote]

Then they didn’t do it correctly.

Nutrition consultation is 150 bucks![/quote]

Then how can I, a poor college student expect to succeed on such a plan? ;)[/quote]

Buy Lyle’s book for 40 bucks and follow his directions. How’s that?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

I did consider this actually however Ive heard stories of people dropping an uncomfortable amount of muscle tissue.[/quote]

Then how can I, a poor college student expect to succeed on such a plan? ;)[/quote]

Buy Lyle’s book for 40 bucks and follow his directions. How’s that?[/quote]

Do this. Forty bucks is a tank of gas, so ride the bus/bike for a week and pickup the book from Lyle’s site.

Pussy.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

Best fat loss book in the market, i know hes unpopular here but his shit works. Big time

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

Best fat loss book in the market, i know hes unpopular here but his shit works. Big time
[/quote]

Why is he unpopular here?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

Do this. Forty bucks is a tank of gas, so ride the bus/bike for a week and pickup the book from Lyle’s site.

Pussy.[/quote]

I don’t drive a car because I can’t afford it.

Also I’m getting somewhat tempted to give the keto diet outlined a while back in Thibs Gets Ripped or whatever the thread was called. Only change I would make would be to reduce the carb-up frequency due to me not being anywhere near as lean as him.

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is he unpopular here?[/quote]

Go to his site and you’ll pick up on it. Its a shame really, id love to get a full interview and article from him on here

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:
RFL[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is he unpopular here?[/quote]

I forgot the reason why he was banned from this forum.

I like him a lot. But the guy has a habit of ruffling feathers and is a bit relentless in his debates and will call people out if he sees something he dislikes or believes is wrong.

He got banned from Mel Siff’s listserv too.

Most people describe him as a dick. I don’t! I believe he’s one of the best sports and weight loss nutritionists and nutrition writers in the world.

Go to his site if you want to see all of his articles.

So whats wrong with my original idea again?

Other then its not RFL.

I would like some understanding here.

It’s too low in carbs IMO. There’s no way you’d be able to maintain any kind of decent training intensity without carbs for that long of a time.

I co-sign the notion to buy a Lyle McDonald diet book.

Ben, I often don’t reply to your threads because I feel that you are very confused nutritionally and are always trying different diets without giving them a chance to work. You design diets and/or set up routines with out a real understanding of why you’re doing what you’re doing. For some reason I just get the feeling that any advice I might lend would go in one ear and out the other.

I would really suggest reading some nutritional books and as much as Lyle as you can. Not only will following his diets work for you but you’ll come away more knowledgable about nutrition and a better understanding of setting up a future diet for yourself.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
So whats wrong with my original idea again?

Other then its not RFL.

I would like some understanding here.[/quote]

I guess people are just wondering why you would mess around with all of this designing and screwing around with shit yourself when smarter people have already done it all for you.

No offense but at your level of development your ideas obviously don’t work all that well.

[quote]elusive wrote:

Ben, I often don’t reply to your threads because I feel that you are very confused nutritionally and are always trying different diets without giving them a chance to work. You design diets and/or set up routines with out a real understanding of why you’re doing what you’re doing. For some reason I just get the feeling that any advice I might lend would go in one ear and out the other.

I would really suggest reading some nutritional books and as much as Lyle as you can. Not only will following his diets work for you but you’ll come away more knowledgable about nutrition and a better understanding of setting up a future diet for yourself. [/quote]

-I am: 93kg, 22% body fat.
-I want: 80+kg (lowest I would like to go), 15% body fat but preferably lower.
-I would like to do this in the shortest possible time span so I can maximize time where I could be gaining lean muscle mass or training parkour. I want to minimize time in a calorific deficit.

Now Rapid Fat Loss is 2 weeks long if I’m correct and Lyle openly admits that actual fatty tissue lost in those two weeks will be in the range of 4-10lbs (From what I have been told anyway) and that total weight loss will be greater (fat + glycogen, water, muscle, etc.)

Say I drop a few lbs of actual fat in the 2 weeks… then what? Do I have to spend another couple of weeks tapering off and then eating at maintenance for a while before I repeat?

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:

I would really suggest reading some nutritional books and as much as Lyle as you can. Not only will following his diets work for you but you’ll come away more knowledgable about nutrition and a better understanding of setting up a future diet for yourself. [/quote]

-I would like to do this in the shortest possible time span so I can maximize time where I could be gaining lean muscle mass or training parkour. I want to minimize time in a calorific deficit.

Now Rapid Fat Loss is 2 weeks long if I’m correct and Lyle openly admits that actual fatty tissue lost in those two weeks will be in the range of 4-10lbs (From what I have been told anyway) and that total weight loss will be greater (fat + glycogen, water, muscle, etc.)

Say I drop a few lbs of actual fat in the 2 weeks… then what? Do I have to spend another couple of weeks tapering off and then eating at maintenance for a while before I repeat?[/quote]

You can follow it for 6 weeks as you are no where near the level of leanness wehere he recommends it for two weeks.

Its in the book…

RFL FTW! I lost 15 lbs of fat in four weeks. It was easy and required no carido and only two lifting sessions per week.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[quote]benmoore wrote:

[quote]elusive wrote:

Say I drop a few lbs of actual fat in the 2 weeks… then what? Do I have to spend another couple of weeks tapering off and then eating at maintenance for a while before I repeat?[/quote]

You can follow it for 6 weeks as you are no where near the level of leanness wehere he recommends it for two weeks.

Its in the book…[/quote]

He, or anyone, can follow the diet for however long s/he wants to - 2 to 6 weeks. People use it for different reasons. Some people just want to use it for a quick-start diet that segue ways into a lifestyle diet. Some want to use it for more lengthy time to just get rid of all the fat they have to lose as quickly as possible. Some use it briefly during an offseason because they just unintentionally ate too much; they can do it for 2 weeks and go back to what they were doing.

Try Mr X’s All Natural Peanut Butter diet? Or maybe his fat fast? Just a couple more ideas for you to think about.

At 22%, ANY type of quality eating will benefit your body composition. You don’t need something advanced because you aren’t advanced. Paralysis by analysis, man.