Due to glandular fever + busted shoulder (now healed) + relationship problems + exams I have completely wrecked my body in terms of fitness/strength/body comp. I have actually been traning for a while although my stats do not reflect this.
I would like to drop some fat ASAP come the new year. I would like to get back into packing on lean mass ASAP and have been entertaining the idea of starting parkour again (used to teach it a while back). My current (and ugly) stats are below:
Bodyfat: 22% (High!)
You will notice the below is constructed from primarily Thibs ideas with a couple of minor tweaks from myself.
- My proposition is a somewhat intense 6 week cut.
- 5 meals a day.
- 1g protein per lb bodyweight, carbs under 30g, fat equal to calories of protein+carbs.
- Carb up every 2 weeks with 0.75g per lb bodyweight from clean sources, other macros constant.
- Evening of day before diet and on evening of every carb up I will be taking leucine at 5-10g every 2 hours to shift into ketosis faster.
- Workout nutrition will be based around whey isolate/glutamine/glycine/bcaa/leucine. This is added on top of daily calories.
- 1g fish oil per % bodyfat, will be factored into calorific requirements.
- Calories recalculated the morning after each carb up after a weigh in if required.
- Further deficit possible by dropping fat to equal just protein calories on the second week of each pair. Return to normal macro guidelines the week after each carb up.
- Diet will be tapered off in 1-2 weeks then 2-3 weeks of normal eating before reassessing.
- HOT-ROX Extreme will be added if required.
Training will be 3x a week.
A) Chest/Biceps, Metabolic Pairings, 20 mins cardio (increase by 5 min every 2 weeks)
B) Legs, Intervals, 20 mins cardio (increase by 5 min every 2 weeks)
C) Back/Triceps, Metabolic Pairings, 20 mins cardio (increase by 5 min every 2 weeks)
30 mins cardio on off days (increase by 5 min every 2 weeks)
- This is an intense 6 week cut but are calories too low? eg. for a 200lb individual calories would be 1840 on off days, somewhere close to 2000 on training days?
- Is protein too low? I have gone lower then Thibs typical reccomendation but I have seen him use short bursts of lower protein intakes in some diets (eg. regressive keto cycle).
- Should I raise calories and do it for a little longer? Say 8 weeks? Or should I taper off, eat at maintenance and then repeat if required? I cant see me getting lower then say 16% tops over 6 weeks. Alternatively after this blitz I could taper off, eat at maintenance and then focus on a less intense cutting regieme. I would however like to drop down to sub 15% ASAP so I can get on with things.