Help Reaching Next Goal

Hey everyone, so I have been lifting seriously for a many months now and have put on some good weight. I am 5'9 and bulked up to 175, I was at around 135.  Anyways I now want to cut the fat I got and get down to around 155-160. I know that this is a body building forum and many people will think this is a good weight for women but it is where I feel good at.

Diet wise I will be following t-dawg 2.0 but as for training I do not know what would be best, would fullbody workouts be best when cutting?

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How tall are you?

[quote]Mikeyway wrote:
How tall are you?[/quote]

He already said that he is 5’9.

I stated in the post I am 5’9

so any advice?

Sorry completely missed that. Well as long as you eat clean and do some sort of cardio or HITT training you should be able to cut to 155 easy. Yes full body routines are great for fat loss. Any of Chads routine would work great.

I think once you hit that number and see yourself, I think you will not be satisfied with the size at 5’9 thats tiny. But we all have differn’t goals. Whats your diet and training routine look like curently?

well I was following something very similar to TBT, then I was on an upper/lower body split.

So I have read and heard that full body workouts are bet when losing fat is this correct?

If so I will be doing 4 full body workouts a week.

mon:5x5 heavy
tues:2x15 light
thurs:4x6 heavy
fri:3x12 light

Would this be too much?

[quote]dion323 wrote:
So I have read and heard that full body workouts are bet when losing fat is this correct?

Would this be too much?

[/quote]

Why not just pick one of the programs on this site that is focused on losing fat instead… meltdown or 10*3 for fat loss or something like that.

Yes, I think it’s too tough with 4 full body sessions per week on a calorie deficit.

the workout would look like this

monday: 5x5

1. squat
  2. flat bench
  3. seated row
  4. db military press
  5. hammer curls
  6. db tricep extension

tuesday: 2x15

1. leg press
  2. db bench press
  3. lat-puldown wide grip
  4. cable lateral raise
  5. e-z bar curl
  6. calf raise

thursday: 4x6

1. deadlift
  2. decline bench
  3. lat pulldown
  4. chest supported row
  5. bb military press
  6. tricep rope pull

saturday: 3x10

1. incline bench
  2. seated row
  3. close grip dips
  4. split squats
  5. barbell curl
  6. calf raises

How does it look to much? does it need some exercise changes?

bump

www.eclipsegym.com has a lot of articles you could red and answer your questions

I’d add a little more muscle if I were you then start leaning out when you’re around 185

Post this in the ‘Building a Better Body’ forum where non-beginners are more likely to respond. At 175 and 5’9 you shouldn’t do an all out cut, just clean up your deit a bit if you are a bit chubby and add some intense cardio at the end of your workouts. That got me from a chubby 185 at the same heights as you to a solid 200 in about three months.

[quote]dion323 wrote:

Would this be too much?

[/quote}]

You will probably burn out working the whole body consecutively 2x per week if you are really working hard. Find something less volume-intesive if you want to ‘cut’.